Authors glamorizing sexual assault and disorders?

important
communication
community

I always hated Clive, even when he died I was surprised by the amount of people who felt bad

I’ve never read that story, but danke for speaking out. I’ll make sure to never read it.

i forgot clive tried to do that yikes

Sad part is that it was an above average story, and that all of a sudden around season 2, the author decided it’d be good to turn him into a tragic character.

I never felt so turned off from a story that fast.

all of my favs are never scrub clean :frowning:
i guess u pick ur poison fr

Yeaaaaah, I have a few problematic authors I read. And their issues are unfortunately not close to comparable to Ebonni writing/defending a rapist.

Isn’t that by the same author who wrote DJ: The Tension :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

I agree with you completely but I’d just like to say it’s been debunked that Timothy was lying (w/ proof if you look for it.)

Whoever said that is awful & mindless but it is important to give everyone a fair chance always or it’ll never be a safe space to talk about for anyone.

I’m personally on neither side, I was just using it as a general example. Sorry if I worded it to make it seem I accused either of them with anything.

This is definitely a massive issue which needs to be dealt with. Not only is it against the guidelines, but it also sends out the wrong kind of message for all those young readers on the app. I’m sick and tired of seeing this kind of thing, frankly.

If you want a decent, realistic portrayal of that kind of thing that condemns predatory relationships, check out The Girl Upstairs by @Talu

No worries! It just appeared one sided & I feel like those things should be addressed when concerning certain topics.

Pertaining to this topic though, I applaud you for speaking up. A lot of people wouldn’t just because they don’t care or are afraid of/don’t want to deal with what might come from it. But the reality is it’s not just online “fantasy” stories; it’s real life. The normalization of these odd, disgusting, despicable instances/behaviors/things starts with these stories & programs then ends with regret. There’s only so much we can do but at least we can lead by example & speak out. After all, we don’t start life knowing how to crack every code… We learn & demonstrate.