Author's Worst Nightmares!

Hello Episodians! Hope all is well and most importantly, HAPPY FRIYAYYYY!!! :smiley:

We’re all here because I believe we all love to read! But do we know what the authors go through in order to publish their episodes? I mean all sorts of bad things could happen. If you’re an author and a mother, we all know your kids will be all over your computer just messing around while you prepare a good warm coffee. If you’re waiting on a background or art scene being made for you, the person could go through something and express to you that he or she wont e able to finish their work on what you needed. Last but not least, if you’re a new author (my case) the worst that could happen is not have any feedback and think, “Is this good or bad?” So tell me, what’s the worst that has happened to you being an author here on episode? What has been your worst nightmare?

SHARE SHARE SHARE!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Oh I got some nightmares :no_mouth:

trying to write your episode story in class while your teacher can see your screen is SCARY. Cos they are like, “What the heck is that?” and yeah it’s a rough time when I have to explain. :sweat_smile: And writing in my room where all my siblings and my parents like to just come in whenever and I have to close the tab and everything didn’t save because I hate when they get nosy about my story so yeahhhh some of my worst nightmares :joy:

8 Likes

okay okay okay.

a few weeks ago I wrote a description for my story that took weeks to think of (mostly cause I kept going over the character limit) it was Perfect then like 3 days ago I went to go add something to it and noticed it was gone I’m pretty dang sure I saved it ;-; I cried for like an hour no joke

7 Likes

what’s the worst that has happened to you being an author here on episode?

Nothing that worst, I havent been updating my stories, cause of a new family member, and…i always procrastinate, and like, my mind is filled with emptiness, and that was the worst thing, and then i was like…OMG NO.

What has been your worst nightmare?

Waiting on episode to approve backgrounds/overlays, and your like giving that tired face, waiting so long to publish your story.

PLUS,

Doing drafts for your story and u realize u accidentally DELETED the draft!!! STARTING ALL OVER!!!

4 Likes

I feel you. I work on my story during work and at home. I live with my boyfriend so he’s aware of my story which is not a shame but at work my co-workers do get noisy. Explaining to them about writing in episode and how it comes out just confuses them. Which is really bad because then they think “WTH did you just explain? Why do you do this?” So yeah! :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah and then I feel bad because I write stories on here cos they give me that, “Ew why would you waste your time on that?” look so I mean :unamused:

1 Like

I hate when that happens!!! I wrote half of my script in 3 hours. I was going at it like crazy. I “thought” I saved it which turned out I didn’t and sadly don’t write anything down before typing it here so yeah. EVERYTHING was lost!! :frowning: (in that script) lol

1 Like

with is mostly been told all the time about my grammar mistake. despite the fact, I made it clear I am not English. and despite the fact I had the highest grade in English, we did not learn a lot of the grammar rules. Like this thing ’ we never once used that in school . also I been told a few times I made a mistake when I did not. especially when I write British

2 Likes

That has to be the worst! LITERALLY!! :rofl::rofl::smirk::smirk:

1 Like

I know!!! They look at us like if we’re Aliens or something?? What’s so wrong with writing a story on Episode??? I mean at least we have a good and safe hobby!! :confused:

2 Likes

honestly, I hate it when authors say that you need to improve your grammar, or like, I am not reading a story with grammar errors.

Ok, now heres my views…

WHO CARES ABOUT GRAMMAR?! ITS HARD FOR OTHERS TO GET AND UNDERSTAND English. If you are not going to read a story with grammar errors, then dont read it.

You have authors who wouldn’t mind errors, like myself, cause English isn’t really my thing to.

3 Likes

agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

1 Like

Yeah I also think it’s also the characters they see on the screen so they think we’re stupid or something and I’m just like… at least we don’t do some weird things like you people do! :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

lol

2 Likes

Same my kids have deleted art scenes I was working on or half a striped because they wanted to type also. I myself being tired deleted two scenes last night. By the way, what’s your story called i would love to check it out

3 Likes

The thing about episode is that we have a lot of different cultures here. We have Americans, Mexicans, British, Indians, South Americans and well me, Puertorican. And we all have our different accents and way of speaking. It doesn’t mean our grammar is bad. It’s complicated lol

1 Like

I never had anyone tell me anythign about apisode. but when i hear complains about my fandoms. i just say i could be spending my money getting drunk but here we are

2 Likes

i am danish. a lot of people there have grown op with english do not understand it is hard to learn a second landguage cause they dont need to. even though most do have a second one in school

2 Likes

Honestly! And with kids my age I’m like, “Hey it’s better than all the drugs and vaping you idiots do :woman_shrugging: And I don’t revolve my life around social media and your status like you STUPID HEADS DO!” Sheeshhh

2 Likes

English is my second language. If the story has a few errors that I could work with then I don’t mind. BUT hinestly, there are a few stories that are even hard to understand simply because they have TOO MANY grammar errors. Now those stories I don’t keep on reading, but I do not leave negative feedback to make the author feel bad. :frowning:

2 Likes