Autism Thread - Share your stories/experiences

I thought I’d start this thread to try help autistic members in the community come together. I’ll tell you a bit about myself. I’m Josephine and I have mild autism and so does my friend. Which is why we are so close. We’re often shunted and stigmatised by society and I want to stop that. That’s why my friend’s story was an amazing way to help educate others.

So to my fellow autistic community together. Share your stories/experiences. This will be very useful to others in the community in terms of education.

Note: Share your stories and experiences about living with autism not your actual episode story (unless you’re story is related to autism). Please use other threads to promote your episode stories. Thank you

7 Likes

I don’t have autism but I am so glad you shared your story! Society is different these days, but we have to step up and do the right thing! Everybody is beautiful and unique in the their own ways! Let it shine!

4 Likes

Thank you x

2 Likes

Oh I mean about share your story about living with autism not your episode story, unless it’s related to autism x

1 Like

My dad has autism. So do my 4 other siblings. It’s only me & my mum who don’t have it but mum says I do show some traits :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t have autism, but every summer (ever since I was nine, I’m now fourteen turning 15 in less than a month) I volunteer to do a program called hop, Skip, Jump, which is a program for anyone who autism and we all come together for camp and spend the day together, doing various activities. It’s really fun. At my school, we are all very supportive of the kids who have autism. I’m sorry that you get shunned, you don’t deserve that. If you ever need anyone to talk to, my PM’s are open :heart: :heart:
And I love how you are doing this! It’s really a great thing. Good for you!
Here are some random tags-
@Amphia @emmastarz @hollywood.episode @queen.sofia @Episode.Golden

5 Likes

The story I’m releasing soon with a character that has mild aspergers. I don’t have it but I thank you so much for sharing your story :pleading_face: I actually plan to be a teacher or psychologist for special ed kids

1 Like

Thanks so much for doing this

3 Likes

I have Aspergers

2 Likes

That’s a great program!

Thanks for tagging me!

2 Likes

That’s beautiful…please PM me and we can compare experiences.

2 Likes

Thank you and of course, dude! Anytime xx

2 Likes

Yeah, I would love to talk! x

1 Like

I’m the only one in the family who has it. My friend and her brother have it. It’s so weird isn’t it?

2 Likes

Thank you so much and that’s a wonderful idea. But ever since all this mess (the virus which shall not be named), a lot of people have been isolated like myself and it’s gutting.

2 Likes

Oooh! PM me when it’s out! And that’s amazing, you’ll have a lot of fun! My friend’s story is out now and it’s called A Different Rainbow. She’s written it from her experience and it’s so wonderful to finally see a story which represents it properly x

2 Likes

Hey fellow author/reader. Very nice to meet you. I have mild autism x

1 Like

Feel free to share it on this thread too (only if you’re comfortable)

1 Like

Asperger’s?

1 Like

No. I have mild autism but I’m sure there’s someone else on the thread who has the same one x

The spectrum is huge!!