coding
community
general

So I’m currently coding a story, and for some reason theres a coding error in the Limelight avatar customization code. If you look, at one point it says that the narrator says 'red and orange hair colors, and when it gets to } “Red” {, it says that that line has a coding error. this is my first episode coding experience, so i’m not really sure what is wrong with it. the error says “Unexpected block end: Did you forget the { which goes with this }, or forget to put the word “choice” at the start of this choice option?” any idea on what this means? I didnt edit the template at all after I insert it, except for some narrator dialouge.

Can you screenshot your script?

An easy way to character customize would be to use this script. I copied and pasted it from the story I’m working on because I felt like the other script I used was too cluttered. Also, you can get ride of where it says “Swedish bae” and put down what you want. Just put the name of your characters where it says CHARACTER and MALECHARACTER for it to work. I hope this helps, and if you have any questions feel free to ask. I do have to warn you this script won’t show up on your computer preview, but it will show up on your mobile preview. So check your phone to see if it worked. Once you see that it worked temporarily cut it from the beginning of your story and put it in a word document so you can spot direct using the characters you originally made. Add it back in once you’re done spot directing that episode by copying and pasting it back it. After that you just have to save it and you should be good to go. I hope this helps.

INT. BLACK - NIGHT
@CHARACTER stands screen center and _CHARACTER_faces left
label changing_lewks
NARRATOR
Give me lewks?

choice
“Customize character”{
@CHARACTER goes to character avatar

goto changing_lewks

}
“Use profile avatar”{
@CHARACTER becomes female profile