Awkward Situation and Reactions

So I’m a very awkward person and I say things weirdly so sometimes I upset people. I apologize and my anxiety I have really bad social anxiety so I’m awkward as hell kicks in. I try to be nice if I’m in a awkward situation. So I wanna know how do you talk to people and have you upset people before? I recently hurt someone’s feelings on accident and I’m too awkward to apologize. This is like the 3rd time and I need to stop. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I also have super bad social anxiety so I’m always upsetting people. It’s the worst.:sweat:

3 Likes

I know the struggle. Highschool is agony.

2 Likes

I HATED highschool.

2 Likes

I’m glad I got a little taller because I would hear people saying things like freshman and I would freak out. I also get bumped into less now.

2 Likes

Alright, so I must admit, I am so awkward, uncormfortable with people I don’t know AND know at the same time in some situations in the way that I have no idea what to say or how to start a conversation or even how to respond.
I am very sarcastic and sometimes I say something I means as a joke, but could be very offensive to someone else and therefore getting so much more uncomfortable about what just happened. And also like, I laugh at really bad times. Not because I’m heartless but because I just find the fact of what happened so utterly shocking and surprising it’s hilarious.
So um…yeah

3 Likes

GURLLL SAME! I have, like the worst social anxiety so I try to prevent talking to people in general, lol. But it’s like the worst when your in that awkward situation where your alone with another person and they’re trying to make small talk, and then there’s me that says only two words in the entire conversation… i sorta feel bad afterwards :joy:

AND IT SUCKS BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE UNDERSTANDS THE STRUGGLE

4 Likes

I also laugh at really bad times, it’s how I cope with bad news which offends a lot of people.

2 Likes

I know. I changed up some banners I got about a week and a half ago and I told the person because of a conversation they started with me and they got upset and I started acting weird. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I literally used to whisper to myself like,“Ok Alana you’ve just got to do this then you can go home” and people thought I was crazy. It helped me get my first bestfriend though :joy:

3 Likes

But it’s weird because I totally don’t know them, I’m ok, but once I get to know them I either get ok or very uncomfortable.
And then if I’m with one of my friend groups all together, I feel like, even though I know them and love them and we’re practically sisters that I don’t know them and that I’m nothing like them and that I don’t even know what to say and it’s terrible because at the same time I’m so social. But then I also feel like everyone stares and judges and thinks things in their head about everything I say and do

2 Likes

Like online it’s slightly easier to talk to people about interests and random stuff but feelings and me makes me all weird especially when someone’s upset.

1 Like

Ikr?! It’s like, online it’s like no one knows you and it feels sort of safe in an odd way

1 Like

I used to wear big jackets as a security blanket but the internet is in a weird way I guess?

1 Like

I used to wear a big sweatshirt! :joy: Wow. And I never took it off. EVER. And that says a lot considering I live in Florida.
I gotta go to bed now but I’m totally coming back to this

1 Like

K gn and it was cold in school so I was fine :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah I used to wear big jackets to school all of the time, no matter the weather. It’s almost like I was trying to hide since I have a lot of self confidence issues lol.

3 Likes

Same and my acne came back so lord :astonished:

1 Like

same :skull: i’m so insecure

2 Likes

Oof that’s the worst.

1 Like