BACK & FORTH new version

I Have a question. While this was featured I read it and it restarted and lost all my choices. (especially the diamond choice I made)Was this intentional? just to fix bugs or something.

it made me laugh a lot i love it

earl grey is one of my fave authors, love all her stories. But the new one is not a patch on the original. Caleb is totally different. And the humour is not as funny because the tension and dynamic between them is so different.

1 Like

Totally agree. :blush:

1 Like

It’s great especially being featured, because we can all trust earlgreytea, but the original will always be my fave. :heart:

There’s this thing which is weird for me, and that I had the original Back and Forth saved before the feature. I tried testing both versions, when my customisation from the original transferred to the featured and vice versa, plus some extra glitches/typos. For instance, the original is supposed to have Avery and Caleb for the MCs but when I played it they both said NAME, as in a customisation thing which is present in the featured version. Has anyone else had this?

2 Likes

I’d never read the original but I went to check it out to compare (fortunately I’d saved it to my favourites before the new version came out but I’d never gotten around to reading it lol) and I found that Avery had defaulted to look like my character. The name also defaulted to mine and not Avery.
Just went and had another look. Caleb is automatically customised into my male character and he has a different name since I renamed him in the featured version lol. I wonder what they did. The two are clearly linked somehow.

2 Likes

I’m even surprised at first that the featured version was not a Limelight one. Perhaps that would have made things easier

I am fairly new to Episodes and just started reading what I assume is the updated version of Back and Forth a couple of days ago (I am on chapter 17, still one to go!). It’s one of my favorite reads so far and I thought it was hilarious (the period thing, “oppa”, "are you too also having an affair with Camile?) bwahaha) but now I am curious about the original and - of course - can’t find it. For those of you who have played both, what are the main differences?

1 Like

Spoiler-filled:

I played through both

For one thing, I think Caleb’s (the boy) motivations are a bit different. In the original, the story focused more on his family dynamics and high school drama, motivating him to exceed everyone’s expectations. In the featured, however it’s more like breaking away from his family influence. Speaking of which, Shanaya had a bigger plot role than she cheated on Caleb, she didn’t even cheat on him in the original. In the end, it’s implied Minguk and her started to date. Yeah, Minguk wasn’t an LI choice. Liam’s romance likewise was also more prominent. Also, Caleb’s mom and Avery’s (the girl) granddad’s stories seem to be more focused on, so tragedy. Avery seems to be a little quirkier, since the original had this motif of popular guy vs ‘background’ girl. And obviously, the endings are significantly different, since the curse actually had an antidote and Caleb got hospitalised in a different way (no kidnapping involved).

Callum was his own scene of dickishness, but he never kidnapped Caleb.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. I did found a little bitterweet that “Caleb” ended up stuck in the family business anyway despite how miserable he seemed about it in the revamped story, I take that wasn’t an issue in the original? And it makes so much sense Ming Uk romantic plot was tacked on later on considering he never seems like a true option with everything the two leads go through (still, I love him to pieces).

Thank you so much for the detailed breakdown! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s better than it starts with a bra, and yeah.

I feel satisfied.

1 Like

Apparently, the old version of Back and Forth doesn’t exist anymore, which sucks a bit.

I prefer the OG version

It ended on episode 18, when the MC is being held at gunpoint =((
It now says that I’ve finished reading. I wanna see how this story ends :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

That’s honestly weird, there’s at least one more episode left.

I tried uploading a screenshot but it keeps telling me I’m not allowed to post images :no_mouth:

1 Like

I recently tried reading Back and Forth but can’t find it in my favorites (but it’s always been there). Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?