Backgroud And Genre

Does the background has to go with the theme and genre of the story?

Hi! I was just wondering about the backgrounds used in stories and the genre of the story. Are they tied together? If it is a mystery or thriller are there certain things put into the background to fit the genre. Like: Certain lightings, items, the way the room is designed, colors?

I have an idea for a story and want to create my own backgrounds but I’m having trouble with whether or not the way I design my backgrounds fit the genre my idea is set in. It would be a mystery/thriller.

General idea: Singer in the 1920s wakes up in the modern-day world as a famous singer after being killed by their jealous sibling. After finding out how their death was covered up as a “tragic accident” they begin to murder their fans using a “Special Meet and Greet.” One day, (You) get surprised with “Special Meet and Greet” tickets and go to your favorite idol’s concert only to play a game of life or death.

I planned out the backgrounds of the characters and their families and friends, and what would happen in each story, and where and how. Now I need to make the backgrounds.

I haven’t created anything yet mainly because I want to make sure I have everything before actually creating backgrounds and characters and writing and scripting the story.

Sorry for any unnecessary information! Also, thanks too anyone who replies!

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.