BACKGROUND: Inside of a horse carriage

I’m thinking like a closed carriage with comfy seats and windows. There could be a few variations like day and night, (maybe even the view from the window could be looping?) and also one with the curtains closed for privacy.
Would be great for all historical stories.
Imagine all the important conversations, conspiracies or romantic moments you could have using this background.

7 Likes

I’m actually in the need of the same background, trying to find a free image I could use, so if I find anything I’ll let you know.

1 Like

I have attempted finding the carriage on several websites, but could not find one inside carriage that was free to use, so I took matters into my own hands, and I created a carriage myself using only images from unsplash.com that are free and I edited it heavily to resemble a carriage … I hope you like it and end up using it, I know I will

The windows are supposed to be transparent, so it’s versatile and if you want any specific background under there, you just pop open your image editing software (free, paid or :wink: whatever) and just place the background in a layer underneath the carriage and export the picture … Which means that with 5 minutes spent you could place your carriage in any outdoor (or indoor :wink: ) place you wish to. Also, if you’re using a background that’s looping you could use this entire image as an overlay since it’s in png format (hence the transparency on the windows, otherwise it’d be white) and you would probably preffer to just use this carriage as an overlay and put it over a background so it would seem the carriage is at that place, instead of going through the hassle of making a new png to put the background under the image.

5 Likes

Ah it looks so great as an overlay! And all you need to do is to put it over a background and maybe resize it to fit whatever suits you (I created it as a 2 panels but it can sure be resized in the web version so you can fit 2 people (I did this because my character needs only one side since she often travels alone and it’s her talking or thinking to herself, or talking to a ghost)

3 Likes

This is amazing and very usable! And thanks a lot for your effort!
I managed to work around the one scene that made me think of having a carriage background. But if I end up writing another scene in a carriage I would gladly use this. How would you like to be credited if I end up using it at some point in my story?

1 Like

Nah you dont need to credit me

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Support! I found a perfect one here "Backgrounds 4 U (maybe)" - Backgrounds and Overlays if you’d like to check it out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a thread that kaiden linked with a background i made awhile ago of a carriage using episode assets (the open door versions are in the link after you press my usernames exables) :relieved: if you use it (or if you don’t) i’d love to read your story because i love regency/historical romances

2 Likes