BACKGROUND/OVERLAY: Split screen

So, I’ve seen a few stories where the author has two characters talking on the phone, and one character who is on the other end comes onto the screen with a different background, and the screen splits. I think this would be cool if it was somehow integrated into the background catalog for everyone to use instead of people trying to figure out how to attempt it themselves with no luck (including myself.)

Perhaps in the background or overlay catalog, there is a category called “Split,” where you can find background collages or overlays so that we can show characters in two or more places at once. Maybe we could even make it so that we can direct the individual sections of the screen as well? For example, if the screen is split into thirds, panning in the middle section while zooming in a side section, and fading out in the third?

I know this is probably difficult to achieve or too much to ask, but I wanted to throw the suggestion out there in case it’s possible!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

43 Likes

there is one already though I think?

Its two places, split down the middle with a white line, and has a phone in each place.

2 Likes

There may be. I haven’t seen it in the catalog but if there already is one, then it would be great if they added more!

I found it!

INT. PHONECALL - DAY

It’s this one. Put that into the search bar on the art catalogue and you’ll see what I mean.

3 Likes

Hi! I just add an overlay of a background I want to use for my . It’s much easier that way because I can have full control over it; as in what part of whatever background or if it animates in.

If you want help with coding a scene using a split screen message me :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Maybe these overlays could be helpful to anyone:
Each are 320 x 1136 so will fit half the screen.
I made them for a story I don’t intend to publish

37 Likes

Thats so nice of you! Thank you so much♡

2 Likes

I know exactly what you are talking about, I’ve seen them in stories to. Most authors actually have their own custom made. But their is one in the Art Catalogue if you prefer to use the one already provided.:smiley:

2 Likes

I need some help on that… How DO you do split screen?.

hey do you know how to slide they background in black?

Can I have one?

![sketch1528403834535|281x500](upload://pcjbDIJGS1yz7D17UPl7z1XdqkV0.png
CHECK SOME BACKROUNDS AT GOOGLE AND CHOOSE YOUR EDITOR AFTER YOU SET IT SIDE BY SIDE YOU CAN NOW USE IT BY CREATING YOUR STORY ON THIS WEBSITE

Hey i think i need your help.

1 Like

ho do i do this???

What’s this??? you can’t click on it…

What kind of website or app did you use to make this background?

1 Like

you’re right even though i watched a video on how to do it and it was cool but it was too much

I would love to xxx

Hey
I would like to have some help x

What details are you asking for x