Backgrounds likes or dislikes

To those of you who publish or read stories on Episode who here
likes stories with real backgrounds?

1 Like

I don’t really mind to be honest. I use a mixture of both in my stories, mostly real backgrounds though.

1 Like

Great thank you for sharing your opinion. I like to see a mixture of both as well am glad to know am not the only one who appreciates this.

I don’t mind either way as I have a mix of both animated and real background in my story…

1 Like

Thank you I was not too sure about using animated backgrounds but their amazing so why not.

1 Like

I kinda like it because the episode backgrounds are so limited, but at the same time back grounds that I upload can have weird angles / copy right issues.

EDIT : When reading, I don’t have a preference.

2 Likes

I can agree on that uploading our own backgrounds online can have disadvantages. Glad to know you do not have a preference makes me feel comfortable publishing a story with a mixture of real/art backgrounds. Thank you.

I like it for limelight, but not for ink.

Ink seems more cartoonish to me so I think it looks better when the backgrounds have an animated look. Whereas limelight characters are more believable that their kitchen/bedroom/bathroom looks real

3 Likes

I agree thank you for sharing your opinion you help me better understand what backgrounds I should use.

1 Like

I don’t mind them, as long as they’re consistent. I don’t entirely enjoy a mix of illustrated and irl backgrounds. It’s just my opinion, though.

Consistent got it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same as long as its a good story that’s all I care :sunglasses: Thank you for your opinion :butterfly:

I honestly prefer it if they do.Episode backgrounds can get so repetitive after seeing it so many times,like the school lockers background.It makes me feel like all the stories I read that use that background, go to the same school.It’s not necessary for a good story but I do enjoy seeing stories that have custom ones in.

3 Likes

I can relate to that it kinda gets annoying but its understandable as to why authors use the same backgrounds.
Thank you for sharing :grinning:

1 Like

I like any kind of background! :wink:

2 Likes

I think that realistic backgrounds add a bit of spice to stories and make them stand out a little more. Episode’s cartoonish backgrounds can get repetitive and using something different is kind of like a breath of fresh air, you know?

2 Likes

Of course I can relate because that gives stories their own identity with different backgrounds others have not use on the app.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing :butterfly:

Np! :grin::+1:

A mixture of both. I like to add a personal touch to my stories, so not having the same backgrounds everyone else is using helps to create the world the characters live in. On the other hand, sometimes it’s so difficult to find the right background for certain scenes because I can’t find anything fitting that’s the right size (and resizing doesn’t always help if the image is too small) so I end up using an Episode background.

2 Likes