Baleigh’s Episode Story Review Thread (Closed)

I must have missed the reader message then.

1 Like

Maybe but this story doesnt have any more trigger scenes expect that flashback.

Okay, it’s still good to give warnings though. :grin: Thank you for liking the review.

1 Like

okay. Thank you for taking ur time to review. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your review!! :heart: English is not my mother tongue language, so I have a lot of grammar mistakes :pensive: I’ll try to fix everything!

1 Like

Review for: @Nency_episode

Review

Your title should be capitalized (unless you are just formatting it lowercase for stylistic choices)
It psycho should have an apostrophe before the s to indicate possession: Breaking My Psycho’s Walls

In your description you describe a series killer. Do you perhaps mean: serial killer?

Remember to censor your curse words. The new guidelines state that certain curse words have to be censored. You can find more info on this on Episode’s instagram page.

“You can’t hate me. i am your favorite character!” (You can’t hate me. I am your favorite character!)

“But as some of you know i revamped my story.” (But as some of you know, I revamped my story.)

Remember to capitalize ‘I’.

“But this time it will be a lot of different” (But this time it will be a lot different.)

The author intro with the character is a bit off putting. While I’m not against having a bit of an intro this just feels long when I’d really just like to get into the story. I would consider trying to cut it down some if you absolutely have to have it in.

“You CAN’T costume the MC AND the boy!” (You CAN’T customize the MC AND the boy!)

It is good that you’ve warned about the triggering/sensitive topics, but I would maybe add some detail on what those are. People who get triggered over sexual assault might not get triggered over domestic violence (and vise versa).

YOU KNOW I MAKE A DIET (You know I’m on a diet)

“You burden my beauty” ( This sentence feels a bit off to me. I would suggest something like: “You’re a burden to my beauty.” or “You’re ruining my beauty.”)

“BOY EAT THAT OR I WILL NEVER COOK FOR YOU.” (BOY, EAT THAT OR I WILL NEVER COOK FOR YOU.)

Remember to put a comma after directly addressing someone in the dialouge.

Is there a reason the MC is named ‘Someone1’?

“A girl was found dead on the Caska High School” (A girl was found dead in Caska High School.)
You mention that the girl hung herself. I would send a dm to @Tyler to be sure, but I don’t know if you’re really allowed to keep this in per the new guidelines as it’s describing the suicidal act. A better idea might be to mention that a girl has been found dead but that the cause of death is unknown or cannot be disclosed yet.

The mother of the girl being called Mother1 is a bit weird. I would either give her a name or just call her MotherofGirl or Mother.

Great job on the tear overlay used!

“I THOUGHT YOU LOVE ME.” (I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME.)

All of the capitalization is a bit much, personally.

Remember to use proper punctuation at the end of sentences.

You use the screaming sound for female. I would suggest maybe using one for a male.

“Long time no seen.” (Long time no see.)

“Jon! my Friend, what a surprise.” (Jon, my friend! What a surprise!)

I know you mentioned English isn’t your first language but I would consider getting a proofreader to look over your episodes for you.

“Your right. i didn’t came for this only.” (You’re right. I didn’t come for this only.)

“There is a lot of going on in the city and i really need fav from you, friend.” (There is a lot going on in the city and I really need a favor from you, friend.)

Remember to capitalize the beginning of sentences.

I’m well into the first episode and I still can’t quite figure out where it’s supposed to be going. If I hadn’t read the description, I would be extremely confused right now.

Remember to use the proper form of your and you’re

“So then lets go we don’t want to wast time.” (So then, let’s go, we don’t want to waste time.)

There are random zooms that don’t really seem to serve any purpose.

The layering is off when the bad guys lock Ayden back in his room. He’s showing up as outside the door instead of behind it.
The first episode is dragging a lot. I would suggest either cutting some scenes down, or better yet ending it a bit sooner. There are also a lot of characters introduced in the first episode and very little info on who is actually who.

The repeated panning between the food and Mikayla is a bit weird. It’s not really something that needs to be repeated multiple times.

The idea of using a psychopath as a means of finding a killer is an interesting one and definitely something that gives your story an edge above others I’ve tried out. I would just work on your grammar, word choice, spelling, and getting to the point of the story faster. I would also work on your plot. You have a great opportunity for an original story, but the plot is taking away from that a bit.

1 Like

Review for @nellyy…epi

Review

I’m only a bit into the story and the car window overlay is hilarious.

The character of Nadine is one I’m really enjoying playing as so far. She’s giving me some Lily Collins in To The Bone vibes.

I’m really glad you give trigger warnings throughout the episode as well as chances to skip over certain people’s rooms.

Your directing, grammar, spelling, and more are all excellent and I didn’t notice anything bad that stood out to me.

So far your characters all seem developed really well. I’m really enjoying the story so far and look forward to reading more! The story is also very well done so far and you’ve done a great job of handling such a delicate subject matter in a mature and responsible way.

1 Like

Omg thank you so so much for the review and taking your time to do it i really appreciated :heart_eyes::purple_heart::purple_heart:!!!
And yes english is not my native language :sweat_smile: im so bad at it :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: i read everything and will keep everything in mind !!! It was really helpful !
And with the names like Mother1 i know its weird i will Change that! :sweat_smile::smiling_face:

Oh ! I didn’t saw that :open_mouth::flushed: i will check on that! Thx!!

Oh :flushed::flushed: i will Defenitelly do that!!! Thank you!!

Okay! i didnt even think about it :thinking::sweat_smile::confused::purple_heart: thank you i will do that!

Thank you again!! i know its a bit confusing and bad lol, and i really need to work on my grammar and more!
Again thank you so much i really appreciated, i bet it took really long, but i’m really thankful for that :sweat_smile: thank you really!!! Have a great day! :smiling_face::purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

Thank you! I think with some work you could have a really great (and original) story on your hands! Keep up the good work! :grin::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

Ofc!!! Aww thank you!! Really!! :hugs::purple_heart::heart_eyes:
Have a good day :blush::purple_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much :heart: I did get inspired from To The Bone, but I’m trying to handle it even better than they did. I’m trying to avoid glorifying eating disorders, but to spread awereness and a perspective of what these people are dealing with :slight_smile:

1 Like

You did an excellent job! I’m really looking forward to reading more! :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hey! so how should i say that in my story? i don’t find the right words to say it… :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::see_no_evil:
Or should i say it Exactly
like this?

1 Like

I’d maybe just put more information on the kind of triggering topics you’re talking about.

1 Like

okay! Thank you :relaxed::blue_heart:

1 Like

Review for @Bithi

Review

I like your intro. The adult thing was interesting.

Your directing is really good so far!

I already feel as if this review is going to be short, but I couldn’t find anything glaringly wrong that stuck out at me. There were times when wording seemed a bit off, but it wasn’t wrong so I wouldn’t be too fussed about it. Overall, I think you’ve got an excellent story and I can’t wait to read more

1 Like

Thank you so much for doing the review. :heart: As for wording, I will keep that in mind. Because every single thing matters to me. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Your review has been dmed to you @line123462 :grin:.

1 Like

thank you

1 Like

Review for @SarcasticGenie

Review

I like your intro and character customization. It’s short and sweet.

The fact you have different wardrobes depending on what degree is amazing.

I found it a bit off that Carly and the mc seem so close-ish after barely knowing each other?

Obviously shorter men are fine, but in the case of Will if you want him taller than the girls you’ll have to use spot directing.

Remember to put a new animation after the talking loop ones. In the part where MC and Carly meet Iqra there’s a point where the MC is still talking even after she’s finished saying anything.

Your grammar and spelling are really good and I didn’t notice anything serious that stuck out at me.

I’m really liking your characters. Luis is hilarious and probably my favorite out of the bunch so far.

This story is amazing so far and I’m genuinely looking forward to reading more! The only minor thing I would work on are the looping animations. Great job!

1 Like