Basic directing

Hello! how do I make multiple characters leave the scene at the same time eg. walk, run.
A prompt reply would be great!

Why don’t you check out Joseph Evan’s tutorials! There helpful for newbies!

Will do! thank you very much!

&CHAR exits right
@CHAR exits right

Exits right or exits left: both are fine to use when exiting the scene depending on which way you want your character to leave the scene.

You’d need to add & to the characters above the last one that’s going to exit so they all do the action at the same time.

Here’s a sorta advanced example (using Limelight Animations):

&MOM exits right in 2 AND MOM does it while walk_neutral_offset_loop
&YOU exits right in 2 AND YOU does it while walk_neutral_offset_loop
@DAD exits right in 2 AND DAD does it while walk_neutral_offset_loop

Exits right/exits left (choose the direction), in 2 just means it’ll take them 2 seconds to do this action (it can be any number of seconds though) and walk_neutral_offset_loop is the walking animation I used but you can use any other walking animation you want that’s available for the character.

You could also use spot directing for this ^^

&CHARACTER walks to spot S X Y in zone # in T and CHARACTER does it while animation

@CHARACTER walks to spot S X Y in zone # in T and CHARACTER does it while animation

You’d replace S X Y with actual values, replace the # with a zone number (backgrounds have 1, 2, 3 or 4 zones) , replace T with a number of seconds (1, 2, 3, 4 seconds, and so forth, can be any number you want it to be so long as it isn’t negative since seconds can’t go backwards), and you’d replace animation with a walking animation.

An example:

@JOHN walks to spot 1.280 200 0 in zone 2 in 3 AND JOHN does it while walk_neutral

If you want to make three characters walk, then it becomes:

&CHARACTER walks to spot S X Y in zone # in T and CHARACTER does it while animation

@CHARACTER walks to spot S X Y in zone # in T and CHARACTER does it while animation

As you can see, there’s a pattern : )

P.S according to the Episode guides, “ Using an @ means that it will wait for the previous command to completely finish before starting. Using an & means that it will NOT wait, and will immediately start its action.

Good luck!

Joseph Evans’ tutorials are really helpful :wink:

I’m sure that’s where most of us first started lol, I know I did :rofl:

And you can do it @kendallpayne :black_heart:

With practice, you’ll became an amazing coder on Episode :smile:

omg! thanks so much! I appreiciate the help! :heart: