Bed of Roses (TaT Book 2) Fan Club

tysm for all the suggestions! :two_hearts: i started a few of those a long time ago but never finished… i’ll have to go read again!

4 Likes

Well, tbh it’s kinda hard to compare stories to TaT - especially since TaT is such a big series with more complex characters & storylines.

But here 3 stories I enjoyed/am still enjoying:

Summary
  • The Witching Season (finished) (by Sparrow)
  • Teach me, Sorceress! (also by Sparrow)
  • Through the Worlds (Ksenia) - but it‘s more of a mixture of comedy/adventure/fantasy

(1 non-fantasy storie: Think Twice by piccalilly)

4 Likes

thank you for your suggestions! :heart: i’ll have to go give those a try!

2 Likes

@Ashorefox @sunflowersnharleys eyyyyyy! im also a sag♐️

Edit: Somehow sol was my lowest though lmao. I believe I was leading in terra but im a kapha so it makes sense

4 Likes

welcome to the club! :joy: that’s cool, i think terra was my second highest!

4 Likes

:fearful: :sob:

SAGITTARIUSES UNITE!!!
I’m not a sag, unfortunately, (although I am a Venus in Sagittarius :eyes:) but I’m so happy to see more fire in here!
(Also, the sags are definitely beating us now :rofl: We used to be tied with Capricorns and Pisces but we’ve decidedly lost)

Sol Vera is canon Vera, even though she’s Ventus-born! She’s technically an Aries.

Distance high five!

Oh, there it is again :sob: I call this one The Deathless and the Dreamer and I’m hanging it in my gallery

You two will be the death of me :skull:

I unfortunately haven’t read much on Episode, especially lately :persevere: But I can recommend anything by Em Sandigo, Spirit and Kheyr (which are very much my style) for Episode and I’m sure the other recommendations here will be more than worthy!
If you’re interested in novels at all, I have a few and Em is an expert.

excited breaths

You’re telling me… Sometimes I’m Vera but when I had to make her outfits I was tired :sob:

Ooooh, true Terra vibes!
To be honest, the Elements don’t always line up with the zodiac, which is why we have the various Element choices in the TaT universe. You have the Element you were born in, the Element that rules your house, the Patron Element of your Kingdom and the Element you identify as. So, you’re probably Terra-identified. But at the same time, in the Northern Hemisphere, Sagittarius would still be Terra-born! :rofl:

I’m sorry. No one asked for that info dump.

5 Likes

woop woop, we win lol :joy:

yess, so my angery™️ passionate version of vera is canon?! i’m so happy :smiling_face_with_tear:

that’s… such a beautiful name :sob: for such a beautiful thing

i sure hope not! pretty sure TaT will be the death of me though

i’ve read a few of their stories, they’re so good! i’ll have to start reading more of their work now that it’s spiegel-approved™️

and you have a few novels?! where have they been hiding?! i’ve read CotC, but there’s more???

a spiegel info dump is always welcome :two_hearts: feel free to dump amazing TaT info anytime!

4 Likes

cries in Capricorn

That’s exactly right!

Stoppppp! Crying is contagious here :sob:

This sounds like a murder-suicide pact and that’s too close too the cult aspect for me :persevere: :rofl:

I really love those stories and I do think they deserve more attention even though they’ve won contests and all.

Oh, no, no, no, no! I meant novel recommendations by other authors, not my pathetic excuse for manuscripts. Although I’m always looking for potential beta readers for the future! But I mean novels or series I’ve really enjoyed - especially fairy tale retellings, big surprise.

Okay, I realise it’s not the same for every sagittarius but the ones I’ve met, I don’t deserve to have as friends

4 Likes

count me in, eheh

true.

4 Likes

i’m getting a little too good at making you cry spieg, sorry about that :cry:

quite accurate, my dear mirror :joy:

they are great authors!! what would you say is your favorite story from each author? just curious

spieg i’m gonna have to get angry with you if you keep insulting your stories, you’re an amazing writer and we’re lucky to have your work to read :two_hearts:

um, reading spiegel’s work before it’s officially released?! :eyes: call me up if you ever need a beta reader! (and/or a confidence boost :sparkles:)

well thank you for your recommendations! (and i love fairy tale retellings too… both irl and on epi!)

uh, you deserve the best buddy, so stop that! but you’re stuck with your little band of TaT-obsessed sagittariuses (saggitari?) :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Say it louder for the SHADOW IN THE BACK!!!

:grin:

4 Likes

thank you!! see spiegel? we all love you & your writing, so mirror self depreciation is not welcome in this thread :dizzy:

yes, thank you for expanding my statement to include all of us TaT-obsessed lovelies!

5 Likes

Well… you have have a whole cult of potential beta readers.

:triumph: Now you’re bringing out my hidden sag-rage, Spiegel.
You deserve everything. Period.

Sounds like pasta :spaghetti:

5 Likes

This makes me curious about which elemental philosophies/teachings the elements are based off in TaT :eyes:

No wonder she has a such a special place in my heart Aries are the best sign and i will stand by that always. although vera does give me strong Cap vibes at times. I’d be so interested to see her full natal chart lmao

4 Likes

agreed :heart:

it does :joy:

3 Likes

like i’ve said before, i have no clue what most of this star stuff means, but i’d be down for an analysis of vera’s star chart :eyes:

4 Likes

If you ever have any questions about it id be happy to do my best to explain. Although I am not and don’t claim to be an expert I have a decent idea of it all

4 Likes

aw that’s really nice of you! the only real question i have as of rn is what a “rising” sign is (bc spieg said they’re a pisces rising and idk what that means :sweat_smile:) tysm for offering help for my poor confused soul :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Hahahaha three more victims for typos and underdeveloped characters :smiling_imp:

I think it’s just a natural talent of yours :sob: That’s okay

Oooh… That’s a tough one! Em’s going to kill me but the one I enjoyed the most was probably Current of Love or Hiraeth. For Kheyr… it’s pretty tough between The Ghost Masquerade and Black Heliconia but I gotta go with BH just because I love Amari :pleading_face: And Spirit only has The Lady’s Affair as a collab with Kheyr so far but she’s told me about her WIPS and I think I’m going to love them.

I really need to get back onto Episode and read some more.

I love Rosamund Hodge, she does a lot of retellings with guts. My favourites are Cruel Beauty and Gilded Ashes and Crimson Bound was pretty cool too.
And I won’t deny I got a lot of inspiration for TaT from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I mean, they’re completely different series but fairy tale retellings with multiple couples and friends and technology!

Oop, I’m enraging the Sagis!!! Don’t get angry with me, I’ll be good :pensive: :heart:

I’ll just keep my motivating self-deprecation to myself, thank you

:rofl:

Hmm, I mean nothing in particular, just the qualities that the Elements inspire for me personally and for the characters in TaT. I think I had a special feature detailing what qualities they rule :thinking:

Ah yes: 𝑺𝒑𝒊𝒆𝒈𝒆𝒍 on Instagram: "Greetings! Chapter 14 is experiencing some delays due to some unfortunate restructuring. This means a bit of rewriting and extra clearance time for backgrounds and overlays. My apologies. In the meantime, I'll leave this here in case you wish to learn a little more about the Elements. Do you have a favourite? Until we meet again 💫 #thickasthieves #TAT #spiegelstories #episodefantasy #episodeinteractive #episodeapp #episodechooseyourstory #episode #episodestories #episodesteampunk #specialfeature"

Yeah, Capricorn Rising :laughing: And Blade is the opposite - Capricorn Sun, Aries Rising.

Oof, maybe something I need to work on!

Ooh! I’ll take this one! So, basically, every knows their sun sign, like you’re a Sagittarius sun but when you get into astrology, you realise there’s a sign for each planet for you, lol, and your birth chart describes all of your aspects, which come together to describe you with a lot more depth than just your Sun sign. The top three aspects are Sun sign, Moon sign and Rising sign (or Ascendant). Although to find them out, you do need to know or find out your birth time, which is tricky for some people unless you can get your hands on your birth certificate :no_mouth:

4 Likes

three more very willing victims :joy:

not quite the talent i was hoping to find :sweat_smile:

tysm for your recommendations!! i’ll have to go check out these mirror approved™ stories! :two_hearts:

and irl recommendations too?!?! thank you spieg!! i haven’t read either of these, i’ll definitely have to! some of my favorite fairy tale retellings are the hood series by stephen lawhead (a wicked cool could’ve-actually-happened retelling of robin hood) the wintersong series by s. jae-jones (not so much a retelling as a mix of various german folklore but really good) and the hazel wood by melissa albert (a semi-darker take on fairytales in general)!

the goal is to get rid of the self depreciation spieg, we wanna help you see how great you are as an author and a shadowy mirror buddy!

that’s really cool, i never knew that! might have to do some digging for my birth time now to figure out this stuff :wink:

3 Likes