Beginner - Having trouble with writing portal

I may have put this in the wrong spot.
I am wanting to start writing a story that i have on Wattpad on Episode.
I have been watching Joseph Evans Tutorials, but for some reason, I can’t even get passed having the character enter the screen. It keeps saying i did it wrong…

For example…I’ll put

“@ SOPHIA” enters from left side screen to center screen (Btw i put @ and SOPHIA together, i just didn’t want to tag a stranger in this.

that didn’t work so i just tried: SOPHIA

what am i doing wrong? please help!

@ SOPHIA enters from screen left to screen center

okay, i just tried that then i get the error "Use @Character enters from X to screen Y

1 Like

it says that but preview it it should work you can use spot director and then spot then so it’s easier to have them where you want

Okay, i just tried @ SOPHIA enters from left to screen center and it worked :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

I only have one more question, do you by any chance know how to get them into a car scene like their driving?

2 Likes

You’ll need to spot direct and use an overlay. Joseph Evans videos are how I learnt. If you copy what he says you’ll be good :grinning:

2 Likes

The word bolded (screen) should not be there :slight_smile:
@SOPHIA enters from left to screen center
You already got it though, so that’s awesome :grin::orange_heart:

And here’s a guide to check out on entering and exiting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU-UC9oiqkk -really awesome and easy to follow tutorial.

I ecourage you to check out Joseph Evans’ tutorials on Youtube-they have helped many!

And for the driving car scene can check out:
http://www.episodelife.com/p/script-templates.html

On here, you will find script templates for driving a car : )
Good luck with everything!

oh yh lol sorry I must’ve added it by accident

Hey there @JLSWRITES, Sydney the Mod here! :smiley: Just moving this to Directing Helps and Tips real quick since it’s about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink: