Being Active in Episode Forum

Hey! I was wondering if you, authors, have noticed any increase in your reads when you’re more active in the Episode Forum? Sometimes I find myself checking someone’s profil and looking for their stories just because I liked one of their post/response.
Do other people do that too? Does being active in the Forum helps with the stories?
Besides promoting your story of course. (Even though promoting a story in the forum doesn’t really seem to work well?)

3 Likes

Yes jgfjjdhokdsytdv omg! I forum stalk anyone who makes a few comments that get my attention. I don’t really notice a spike in my own reads personally… but that could be because I comment here like, all the time lol, but I always tell people who ask how to get reads that they should get involved in discussions happening here because that’s how I find a lot of stories haha

5 Likes

I think the increase happens in the long run! I did notice a few more reads on my stories as soon as I started getting involved in more forum topics, I wanted to make sure that wasn’t just a coincidence haha
Thanks for answering!

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good point too. I’ve had fanmails that have said “I’m such and such from the forums” so, you know, they find you eventually haha. All the commenting and replies pay off

3 Likes

I haven’t published my story yet, but I HOPE that being on the forums often helps. I’m literally here every day. :joy:

6 Likes

not really, i almost only get reads in r4r.

another qustion how do you put your story in your profil ,

I know it’s creep af when you haven’t published your story and you’ve got fanmail. :open_mouth:

I think being on the forums does help, it really opens you up to the community. If someone comments, I’ll click their profile to see if they’ve published anything quite often. I think making friends is quite good too, cause people really do want to read your story. I know if fangirled a few times over stories, people really do want to tell you what they think.

4 Likes

From prior experience, before I came to Episode, it’s a good idea to become acquainted with your readers. It creates an active and loyal fanbase. I always make sure to reply to every comment.

4 Likes

Yeah, I haven’t been tracked down my many readers, but I try to make sure that I show my readers I care.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that too! I don’t know what it is, but surprisingly, people do find your story within the community. Therefore, they want to read it.

2 Likes

I do this too. I recommend adding links in your bio or your story titles because sometimes I genuinely go and check out the stories of people who grab my attention lol.

3 Likes