Being Different (appearance, clothing, race,etc.) SELF LOVE

Hi I just want to talk about self love, and being different…
Do you like who you are?
Do you care about how others think about the way you dress or look?

Coming from a down to earth girl I dress really eccentric and different but I LOVE THAT ABOUT MYSELF!
And I always thought people would think Iwas weird if I dressed like I do but people actually LOVE ME FOR ME!!! and how different I am!
I never really felt happy before bc I was being someone I wasn’t but now I’m just being me! regardless!!!

:brown_heart: :green_heart: :ringer_planet: :rainbow:
Lets be friends! INSTA:@episode.aleeyah

9 Likes

I used to be insecure and hated being asian because people always made fun of asians for their eyes and what they eat just because it wasn’t normal to them.
I’m not going to go into insecurities about physical looks, but being asian was something I was definitely ashamed of when I was in elementary and middle school because racism towards asians is very normalized in my country and society.
But i’ve grown to absolutely love my racial and ethinc background, and now I’m proud!
Still kinda scared to go out tho people attack me for the virus lmao.
But other than that, I’m definitely not ashamed to show off my style !

1 Like

I find it quite inappropriate to assume all Asians have Covid-19. Like c’mon people, this person, or anyone won’t automatically have Covid just because of their race and whatnot.

2 Likes

Can you say that louder?!
I was born in america! to assume that it was my fault or that I have it for what I look like is stupid :joy:
I’m very proud of being asian :DDD

4 Likes

I love all kinds of people! and I feel like the only virus there is, is peoples messed up way of thinking…and that’s the cause of everything negative that’s going on. And being
I’m glad that you have grown to love your racial and ethnic background! I STAN YOU QUEEN and you are brave and beautiful just the way you are! :brown_heart: :green_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

People are mean like that, and it’s sad…and has to stop!

1 Like

No, you’re a queen for accepting all people! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
You’re definitely right about people messing up the way of thinking. A virus cannot discriminate lmao!

One hundred percent!!! You should be, besides, people can also grow up in different countries and not have the same background to their physical/blood relations because of it. So I really can’t believe some people are doing that.

2 Likes

Totally does!!!

1 Like

Do you like who you are?

Sigh, there are some things that I don’t link about me:

I DON’T LIKE:

• My speech/vocabulary.
  • The way I think.
  • Sometimes or maybe a lot of times, FORGETTING THINGS.
  • Sometimes I’m a bit scornful, which I am not ashamed to say.

I DO LIKE:

• I love the fact that I am this helpful, obedient, quiet, a good person, supportive, etc.

• I like to be there for people who are in need, and this cruel world needs more good people these days.

• When someone brings you down, be there to help them get back up on their own two feet.

• I like who I am because my mom raised me well, she taught me good things between right wrong; avoiding negative company and staying positive, she knows how I struggle in my academics back in school but I still made it and she’s proud of me of everything that I’ve achieved, etc.

• I love who I am, I was born a Bahamian, always respectful, never had any fights with anyone, never judged people for who they are, I love the skin I am in, my hair, my looks, etc. I was born beautiful and NO ONE will dare say something negative about me.

Do you care about how others think about the way you dress or look?

• MY MOTHER ALWAYS CARE, She ALWAYS tell me to TAKE PRIDE IN THE WAY YOU LOOK. Smell nice, a lady must always freshen up, make sure you have your things with you just in case if your cycle (ladies, know what I mean) comes on.
4 Likes

I will never understand either. Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

You’re a very supportive person. I see you always supporting all kinds of authors no matter what story or how many read counts it has which is not something everyone does in the community

3 Likes

I used to be super insecure about my long arms, arm hair, not-so-flat stomach, thick legs, and small eyes. But now, I’m quite confident about them, because those things are what make me, me!!

3 Likes

BEAUTIFUL JUST the way you are!

2 Likes

:blush:

2 Likes

Always love yourself flaws and all!

2 Likes

I love this!! And I really doubt your speech, or the way you think is bad!

I personally think that it would be so nice to be able to see yourself through someone else’s eyes. Because I myself have trouble with self love, and I’m trying to get better, but I do have my really down moments…but I get through them! And that’s all that matters :smiley:

2 Likes

And that is AMAZING!!!

3 Likes

:raised_hands:t3: :100:

2 Likes

Exaclty. Beauty is not defined by what you don’t have

3 Likes