Being Forced to Read 18 Chapters of Original Stories to Unlock the Catalog

I know Episode wants to promote their stories, but forcing people to read 18 chapters of Episode original stories in which you can’t do anything without gems? I don’t mean to be disrespectful, and the amount of effort that is put into the app is admirable, but what kind of impression does that make on a new reader?
I recently cleared the data on the app to save space, but a week later I picked it up again and come on. I mean, especially offering to have access to the full catalog if you pay 17 gems? That’s basically saying that they know it’s a punishment.
(I’m sorry if this is a topic already. I didn’t see any, and thought I’d address it.)

Anyway, thoughts?

16 Likes

Keyword: Forced.

I don’t think Episode is FORCING us to read the stories. We can choose to read it or not. Hm, wait are you buying the gems or like reading a story which requires a gem in a choice?

4 Likes

No, I mean that they made it so that when you join the app you have to read 18 chapters of Episode Original stories to unlock the catalog.

7 Likes

Hm, oh! isn’t that small scroll thing that is on the bottom right side?

1 Like

Sorry, what do you mean? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I can send you a screenshot?

2 Likes

Hm, this one. I thought u was meaning a paper icon on the app. Hm, can u send a picture/screenshot.

2 Likes

Sure!

2 Likes

I agree. Torture is never the answer, Episode! Smh

9 Likes

12 Likes

:laughing: True

3 Likes

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, wth. Wait, let me check mines.

2 Likes

Oh my, I’ve never seen this before :scream:

4 Likes

Consider yourself lucky :joy:

4 Likes

It’s only if you’re new or reinstalled the app

7 Likes

Did you like just get the app or…?

3 Likes

No, I reinstalled it.

3 Likes

Oh dang. I’ve had mine for years

3 Likes

Hm, I dont have it, and when I got it for the first time it wasn’t there before.

3 Likes

It’s a recent update

3 Likes