Best First/Opening Scenes in Stories!

What are your personal favourite unique opening scenes?

If you don’t like/find the first scene interesting will you exit the story?

Do you prefer really simple first scenes or quite complex ones?

Does the opening scene matter to you?

Just curious!! Let me know your opinions :blush:

6 Likes

Opening doesn’t matter to me I just want the story I’m reading to be interesting. However, I have seen a lot of impressing ones

3 Likes

Tainted Souls and Envy had a really good opening scene

IMO, your opening scene is the thing that will attract readers. I usually only read 3 minutes to decide if the story is for me or not.

5 Likes

Under Me - E.R Gurney
Austentatious - E.R Gurney
Envy - Cindy Gaultier

At the start of a story, I usually pay close attention to a story’s intro and if I don’t want to continue reading, I just exit out early.

However, it’s hard for me to remember good intros that actually stood out since if a story is really good and I want to continue, the memory of the intro just sort of gets shoved into the back as I continue reading and discovering the plotline. :joy:

Under Me and Envy definitely stood out to me. Under Me had the literal best directing for the intro, but I can’t really seem to remember any good intros to other stories that stood out to me :joy:

At first, I avoided reading Austentatious because I thought the description meant that the MC was cheating on someone, hence the “forbidden affair” part, but as it turned out, it’s literally always going to be the #1 story in storytelling / plotline for me. After reading the first chapter, I literally couldn’t stop reading it since the shared romance between the MC and Johnny was so sweet. BTW it’s not about cheating on someone else, as stupid me originally thought… :sob:

3 Likes

The Game by Amber J. has an incredible opening scene. It draws you in immediately and sets the tone for the entire story.

1 Like

Cindy Gaultier, Wincy W., ER Gurney, and Lucky are the legends of opening scenes.

5 Likes

Any more anybody would like to share? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Completely random tags

@Oreste_Jackson
@DarkRed
@sam.c
@amberose
@SilverRose
@Rosenspitze
@MayPenny
@LorethA
@Aims1141
@ChellieKiss
@irishpotato
@nschz
@Eleanor_W-15
@K_ArohaExo-L
@Lauren.H
@TheGracefulCrow
@Nency_episode
@HopeFrvr
@BrookieK
@Zembo27
@raindrvps
@Sayanjali_Rizvi
@jade.cherry
@Anna1106Writes
@CoraMae
@K.F
@elliewrites.episode
@rune_writes
@LiyahxWrites
@MerryMirrors
@Mya.writes
@Random.Tomboy
@Cami_epy
@SakuraCheam
@Tessx
@AshlynG

3 Likes

I love the galactic game opening… like it’s amazing :heart::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Galactic Game by Lucky. — Is amazing :smirk:
Pine Hollow by @fcukforcookies — Is amazing :exploding_head:
One of The Girls by @amberose — Amazing :heart_eyes_cat:
No Strings Attached by @Alyce.Writes — Is so amazing.

That’s all I can think of.

7 Likes

Dare to dream by Sarah Robbins has a cute opening scene

1 Like

I agree with the previous replies!
Galactic games by Lucky - so good, amazing! :rose:
One of the girls by @amberose - fits the story so well and looks like some really good TV show opening :rose:
Convention Tension by Sweet Stories - wonderful! :rose:

3 Likes

I loved the opening to The Galactic Games

Usually I leave if the first chapter isn’t interesting about half way through it.

I like complex scenes

yes, it matters

1 Like

I love Galactic Games :scream::scream::scream:

Here’s an entry from one of my stories :heart:

1 Like

Hands down - Galactic Games by Lucky :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Galactic Game is on a whole 'nother level.

1 Like

My bad lesbian stepsister

1 Like

Thank you :heart: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Forgot the name of it but I love opening scenes that are like after the actual start of the story if that makes sense

So you start in the middle of the story then rewind back and then on like 5 chapter you reach the place you started and are like “ohhh that makes sense” since you now know the whole story

1 Like

Under You by E.R. Gurney had hands-down the sexiest intro I ever saw :heart_eyes: Like, the music, the camera panning, the light effect…everything was just so … so … :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Thank you! :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes