Beta Readers Needed to See If I Should Let This Story Exist or Scrap It (LL) [Decided To continue based on comments]

Hi, I’m currently writing a story but wanted to know if I should let it exist or scrap it? Is it excessively cliche?

Description: Something terrible happened to MC’s BFF and she feels at blame for it, so she distances herself from all things and people who remind her of that night and distracts/busies herself with her career. The only problem with that is, you can only run from your problems for so long. What happens when her past starts to catch up with her? Read to find out!

Non-spoiler info: it responsibly deals with mental health, the death of a loved one, faith, and substance abuse (meaning I did research and consulted people). It falls under the following genres: drama, thriller, mystery, and romance. Please be honest, but respectful. Even though I can take criticism, I’m still human lol. Click HERE to read it.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Just read the first chapter and it’s very intriguing, though there wasn’t any clear context but eh. I don’t think you should scrap it, let it exist, but it’s your decision whether to continue or not, if you don’t think it’s good enough then scrap it, it’s all according to the author’s eyes.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know. Yea the first chapter is very vague, maybe I should combine chapter 1 and 2.

Your choice, keep up the good work though.

1 Like

Thank you

Even if it was too cliche or something, don’t scrap it! You can change it if need be!

1 Like

You’re right. I just don’t want to invest too much into something that isn’t readable.

1 Like

Every step toward making a story is progress, so don’t hold yourself back like this, make the story you’d enjoy reading, and don’t worry about what anybody else has to think about it, the first step is making sure that you are satisfied with your story.

1 Like

Thanks! I really appreciate your kind words. They’ve truly encouraged me. I’m going to come back to this comment when I get writers block or feel discouraged.

1 Like

:blush: I just like to believe that every story is good, but everyone can use improvement. If you no longer like the idea, and are sick of writing it, then, I think that you should scrap it and search for a better idea from it, but if the idea of it is still good and fresh, then I think that you should keep working on it. But remember, good writing takes time. Just push through it, until you start seeing progress

1 Like

You must keep it, your overlays were amazing and the story was intriguing

2 Likes

Thank you! You’re very insightful. You’ve been of great help.

1 Like

Thank you. Glad to hear it was worth reading.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.