Better Story LGBT + DIVERSITY + REPRESENTION

Have a LGBT COMMUNITY :two_men_holding_hands::two_women_holding_hands:(Cuz not all ppl are straight, what world are you living in?)
Yes ppl wear glasses, make them have some :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:
Don’t have 8 basic white ppl in your story and act like it’s cool to have no diversity, cuz bitch I will click off so fast :expressionless::expressionless::scream::neutral_face:
If you are gonna use the LGBT Community, represent them right, nobody likes an offender
Muslims have to cover their skin, don’t make them wear a tank top

PLEASE REPRESENT PPL CORRECTLY

LINKS
Muslim Clothing

Diversity
@EpisodeShadow @ShanniiWrites
Any I should add?

4 Likes

Preach sis :clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5:

2 Likes

Thank you :pray::two_hearts:

1 Like

What’s the diversity for?

You can always spot a story who’s cast has 8 white main characters and one token black side character that doesn’t really do anything. Or the gay best friend which is always this flamboyant gay dude that’s just a side character and only exists for comedic relief and so the author can say they have lgbt+ representation in their story.

4 Likes

Exactly, that is not what that is LGBT are not just some side kicks, that you throw in a story. I especially can’t stand boys that act like a girl because they are gay :two_men_holding_hands: . That’s offensive. thanks @EpisodeShadow for helping me out with that months ago.

I hate when authors make excuses like “I don’t know how to portray ____” or “I’m not comfortable writing about it” dude, google exists for a reason.

3 Likes

It’s like you always know what to say :confounded::confounded:

yeah exactly!! diversity isn’t just an accessory you add to a story. and there are gay feminine dudes out there, but that doesn’t mean that every gay dude is feminine!! on a seperate note, it annoys me soo much some of the fanmail I get because my mc is a lesbian. my main point responding to people complaining about it is “there’s a lack of lesbian representation on episode and also it’s my story so I can do what I want”. people think that a sexuality choice is representation, it isn’t! just like how having CC in a story isn’t poc representation. and most stories with a sexuality choice don’t deep dive into lgbt+ issues past a few dialogue lines. rant over, it just annoys me a lot.

1 Like

Yeah and these authors act like there aren’t the forums to literally ask lots of other lgbt+ authors on how to portray them correctly. just taking the easy way out because they’re lazy :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

i hate how people think that just a sexuality choice is representation, especially because half the time i still get male pronouns for my female love interests and, like you said, the authors tend to ignore lgbt+ issues.

(btw i’m reading your story and i love it!!)

1 Like

Preach :wink::wink::wink:

All I got to say is, the representation of different groups of people and cultures should be represented correctly :woman_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

Closing this since it’s pretty much a duplicate of other topics that are linked by the OP.