Big Lips On Episode Characters

i with you 100%! and i get why you stop speaking up; that has to be extremely exhausting

1 Like

Africans have big lips its completely realistic its never been unrealistic.

9 Likes

I think she was referring to episode characters…I don’t know but that is true! I’ve seen some Africans with really big lips and I think it compliments them really well.

2 Likes

Sorry about that… what I mean is that not necessarily all Africans do, that’s all

I think they look lovely too. Idk about white characters personally i just think big lips are pretty because i have them it has nothing to do with ethnicity or trends.

5 Likes

same I use to hate my lips but the older I got the more I loved them and appreciated them!

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode characters. Please keep Episode-related discussions out of General Chat, which is only for discussions that are not related to Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

I love curly hair, it’s so cute!

I don’t get it when people who trash on box braids and dreads wear em and make it a trend. Like don’t be a hypocrite :skull_and_crossbones:

Saying that something is ‘trendy’ is hurtful, in my opinion. For me it sounds like the thing you have on, or some of your characteristics are trendy and cool now, but when the trend will be over, it will be seen as ugly :grimacing:

4 Likes

Thank you!!! This the point I was trying to make hehe but people use certain styles because there pretty and trendy but when we used to flaunt certain styles we we’re deemed as ugly and unattractive but now that certain races are doing it. it’s attractive and pretty now.

4 Likes

Idk y ppl see it as ok tbh to have all the ‘beautiful’ white characters w them & all the black characters w small lips. I can’t imagine how insulting that would b to have ur feature mostly portrayed on a different race that it is highly unusual to b seen on. Sure, it happens, Russians tend to have full, not so pink colored lips, I personally have quite full lips & I have no idea y, but my lips r not as full as what u might see on a black person. I think full lips r beautiful & deserve to b mostly presented on black ppl bc it’s their racial feature. That’s just a fact. u want ur MC to have beautiful full lips? Then make her the correct race for that feature. It’s like if all the black character on episode had blue eyes, that wouldn’t b proper portrayal of an ethnic group. Again, it happens on white ppl, but having all ur mc’s w the feature, is just low key stupid.

The fact that basically all white mc’s + mean girls on the app have full lips if rlly awful & needs to stop. I’d say 90% of white characters shouldn’t have full lips & 90% of black characters should. Pls remember, someone’s culture feature is not a trend. btw, small lips r gorgeous too so what’s the deal w full ones?

5 Likes

Exactly…and yes black people can have blue eyes but most black people don’t and that what some people fail to realize like some white people have big and full lips but majority of them don’t. And honestly when people mainly use blue eyes and European features for black characters on episode that’s like saying black Europeans are better looking, same with using big and round lips for white people it’s saying small lips don’t look good on them but I persnaly think they do.

4 Likes

That is not at all what I meant. I simply said that right now big lips are a trend. It’s not an opinion about it, it’s a matter of fact. There are people who makes their lips bigger because right now the trend is big lips, just like thick eyebrows. A few years ago it was trendy to have thin eyebrows, basically painted, now it’s the opposite. Do I agree with it? Not particurarly but the matter remains that big lips are a trend right now so nobody should be surprised that there are so many stories with characters with big lips. It’s a matter of preferences and sometimes those preferences are swayed by the trend of the moment. It’s normal and it shouldn’t be taken as an insult because it’s not in anyway meant as an insult. I wish people would stop misinterpreting my words. That’s what is insulting here.

2 Likes

Don’t come on my thread and be problematic ni :rofl:.

3 Likes

You basically just said big lips are a trend.

So stop trying to play the victim card.

2 Likes

Hey, so I refuse to continue on that other thread because it was just getting messy and since you copy and pasted the same response I will reply here. Nobody is surprised and that is what people are having a problem with. No one is saying that nobody can have big lips on white characters but they just don’t want people using them for every second white character and then put rare features on the people who actually have these features more often naturally. All I want you to understand is that people are going to be upset especially those with those features and you can’t keep invalidating their feelings but instead take a minute to listen to them and understand their POV.

7 Likes

!!! I really don’t care about white people having big lips and the fact she is saying it’s a trend is absolutely weird. So are they going to get considered ugly when it’s not a trend? (Rhetorical question.)

2 Likes

Well, (please don’t cancel me, I myself disagreed with most of what she said about it) but if there’s one thing she’s right about is that in the beauty community (especially the American one), plump lips are indeed a trend. The fact that they’re a trend is disgusting enough, but you can’t really deny reality. It’s true. More and more women are considering lips injections for this very reason. Is it right? Yeah, no. I personally don’t think it is, but it’s the ugly truth.

Honestly, probably yes, just like how now lots of people despise thin lips or curve-less female body shapes. It’s horrible, but it’s the truth :pensive:

Personally, I live in a country where getting black-like plump lips aren’t really as much of a trend as it is abroad. People are still content with their natural lip shapes and sizes. However, the epitome of a beautiful female body is a slightly curvy and overall slim one. Yes, it’s toxic, all beauty standards are. But to deny their existance isn’t an effective way to fight them.

7 Likes

Im confused, if its trendy its because people like how it looks and find it pretty. So it seems like a compliment really. People are going oh my gosh I would love to have lips like that! And just want to reflect that in their characters. Why is this an issue?

1 Like

Yes, but ppl r putting them on white characters bc they think they look better w white features. When in fact, it’s unusual to see a white person w those lips. It’s like the ‘Asian eye’ trend. Everyone was saying smaller, almond shaped, typically Asian eyes looked better on white ppl n were making them a trend when a few yrs before ppl from Asia w sorta almond shaped eyes were bullied for it. Therefore, I hope u can see how having an ethnic group a feature is hardly seen on, start using it on all their characters & saying it looks better on white ppl is definitely offensive.

11 Likes