Black History Month Shelf

February is almost upon us. So that means it’s Black History month in the USA. I wonder if episode will make the Black History Month shelf like they did last year.

• What stories would you like to see featured?

• Better yet who’s your favorite Black author?

• How many stories should the shelf have 6 or 9?

• Do you know any stories that has a black MC written by a black author?

• Do you think the shelf should stay up for the whole month of February?

Please comment your thoughts down below.

24 Likes

To jump start the discussion I did make my own shelf of Black authors. I named it Black girl Magic Shelf.

25 Likes

Yours and Coovu’s story.

Writer LB

2 Likes

That’s just amazing! You really made that?! Wow! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I made my own Black History Month shelf as well. I’m just waiting for February to come, so I can post it.

2 Likes

They should do a little thing for Martin Luther King day.

2 Likes

That would be so dope! Do like a mini shelf with 3 stories.

2 Likes

They should do a contest too maybe?? That would be great! It’ll give new people a chance. :grin:

2 Likes

I saw @EpisodeShadow request thread and I fully support it.

2 Likes

I was just about to suggest just doing one ourselves on the forums and on Instagram because I’m not sure they’ll do it. I wasn’t on EPISODE last February, but did they have a shelf for Black History Month?

4 Likes

Yes, they did. That’s how I found some of the black authors on episode. I’m also going to make a support ticket to ask. If they don’t make it than the community will.

2 Likes

Oooh, if they do this (which I’m sure they will), I would love to see Echo Creek by Jade R up there. @writingwithjade all my fanmail dreams could come true :grinning:
the c.r.e.w would also be another great fit :slightly_smiling_face:

I think, if I remember correctly, they actually changed the stories feature last year half way through or something like that. So I think it would be cool that if they did 6 or 9 stories, that they change the stories after two weeks. If they did it that way with 9 spots of the shelf, all of @EpisodeShadow’s story recommendations would be able to fit

7 Likes

@Lex2 I SEE YOUR STORY ON HER SHELF!!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

they BETTERS!

3 Likes

• I’d like to see Fantastical: The Trifecta, Being the Third Wheel, Problems of a Black Teenager, Uncensored, and your story featured (there’s more but I can’t remember at the moment or you’ve already mentioned them)

• Scotti, LB, Romy, Coovu, LG, Kayla Sloans, KayElle

• I really want there to be 12 because I think that’s the most they’ve ever had all at once(?) and I want a lot of authors recognized on this shelf.

• All I’ve listed above are black author stories with black MCs

• A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y They take the BHM shelf down waayyy too fast and that’s probably because they put it up hella late :unamused: Btw why aren’t they asking for recommendations yet???

8 Likes

Yeah I was blessed with a spot on there! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I was wondering the samething. I guess they’re not asking for recommendations based off what happened last year. Some of the community was recommending author’s of other races. Hopefully, they will answer my support ticket in a timely manner.

2 Likes

They just posted asking for recommendations on insta! @AWeirdo @PrettyEri

3 Likes

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

3 Likes

I’m running over there now.

3 Likes