Black people of episode, how was it growing up in a Black/African American household?

I need to know how it is growing up Black for my story. I wanna make it relatable and non-stereotypical :smiley:

4 Likes

Um… It’s not that different from growing up any other race or ethnicity. Lmfao

Wdym?

13 Likes

Yea. I eat breakfast lunch and dinner go to school and home. :wink:

10 Likes

Yup! I do everything that all the other races and ethnicities do :joy:

5 Likes

The only thing that may be different is the racial things that may be said to us, but that’s it :woman_shrugging:t4: We aren’t that different

7 Likes

I mean like culture stuff. Like me as a Mexican, I grew up with la chancla and the classic mexican mom phrases, and music in like 6 am knowing it is time to clean. I’m not being rude or stereotyping :smiley: I wanna know little cultural things to make my story more relatable. Again. Not being rude.

10 Likes

If you wake up to gospel music blaring in the morning, you’re gonna be cleaning the entire day.

28 Likes

Your pfp goes perfectly with your reply :joy:

8 Likes

It’s exactly how I looked waking up those days! :joy:

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Ohhhh, I see. My bad. Ummm, my mom be threatening me with the belt :joy:

11 Likes

Always getting told to clean up, even though there is nothing to clean :upside_down_face:

12 Likes

Getting told you smell like outside when you were outside.

10 Likes

If there was ever an instance where I started talking back to my mom she’d pull out the “I’m not one of your little friends” card.

14 Likes

Omg yes!! She’ll be like “Who you raising your voice at?” :joy: “Don’t sass me.”

9 Likes

Okay but why do I relate to every single one of these :rofl:

5 Likes

Being told not to touch anything when you get in the store

7 Likes

At least for me lmao

5 Likes

Fr! I would get mad when she said that.

8 Likes

Right!

5 Likes