Black Screen For Preview On Phone

Hi, does anyone know why this is happening? It’s showing up on the portal with the background and characters onscreen as normal but when I look at it on my phone (it’s not published) it’s just a black screen. Can anyone help?

can u send a screenshot of your computer script

Have you already previewed the story on your mobile device before?

If yes

Press Navigation - Reset Story Progress or Restart Episode

If not

I’m not quite sure what’s wrong with your script, maybe re-install the app?

Yes, it’s been fine for the previous episodes. I have tried that but it doesn’t seem to be working :confused:

I recoded this

INT. DOTTY FADED

NARRATOR
Chapter Nineteen

INT. DOTTY FADED 2

@CADENCE walks to spot 1.217 207 -43 in zone 1

@CADENCE changes into CADENCE_1K

@CADENCE moves to layer 2

@AUGUST walks to spot 1.397 122 -54 in zone 1

@AUGUST changes into AUGUST_CAMP

@AUGUST faces right

@CADENCE faces left

@CADENCE is kiss_cheek_receive_pose

@pause for 0.01

@AUGUST is kiss_cheek_give_pose

Mistakes:

1. You didn’t code the characters to walk or appear on screen. That must be why characters aren’t showing up.
  2. You can’t direct two characters at once in a single line.
  3. Two animations of characters must be separated into two different lines.
    If you’re using spotlight then idk why.

No, you can code 2 characters in one line, and she also has them appearing there already! Because she used
@CHARACTER spot x y…

No I meant for the first line when she has Cadence and August changing outfits, she didn’t code them to appear before that

No that shouldn’t be a problem, you can have your characters change outfits anytime! :confused:

No the problem is, for you to preview the outfits, you need to code the characters to walk out first. Try it on the script, the character and outfit will not appear. You need to command the characters to walk to [position] first, then command them to change outfits.
{BTW, i think she’s talking about the script. not the CC page}

It has worked for me, even when the characters aren’t visible:

INT. BACKGROUND

@CHARACTER changes into MC_clothes
(@transition fade out black)
@CHARACTER enters from side to screen center in [T] AND CHARACTER is animation

This is my script:

Here, you can obviously see I have written “Test” before this, and then code “FEMALEAVATAR changes into”, there is no preview

Yeah I get that, but after @FEMALEAVATAR changes into -…-, when the character appears on the screen with a command:
@FEMALEAVATAR spot x y
Then the character will have the clothes they changed into

ohhhh. i misunderstood you then. Well then it must be the commanding 2 characters to their spots at once, you put too many commands on 1 single sentence then

1 Like

Yeah maybe!:woman_shrugging:t3:

I didn’t want them to walk onscreen, I just wanted them in that pose so I could screen shot it haha. I’ve done it like that before and it’s worked fine so it’s weird that this is glitching.

I’ve always put the outfits changes before the characters first and it always works. It’s not previewing the narration at the beginning, so I guess it’s just a weird glitch on my app

It always comes out like this (which is what I want) with no error since I just wanted them to pose. My app must be just being weird. I tried reinstalling it but that didn’t work :confused: