BLACKFISHING: White people wanting to be black

there are some girls on instagram who are white, tanning themselves to the point where they look black. (or even mixed). there videos on this on yt showcasing this.

the thing that triggers me, is that people think it’s OKAY. that’s it’s NORMAL and should be CELEBRATED. This is blackface. Black face is NEVER okay. these girls are defending their actions, and it appauls me. it sickens me and it angers me.

My race is not your trend. It is not a costume to take off and put back on.

37 Likes

You couldn’t have said it any better, honestly :roll_eyes:
Those girls are honestly just annoying and need a slap in the face. I’m sorry you guys have to watch it happen.

8 Likes

Speak! Im black, but im light skinned.

4 Likes

I also think it started from this one older woman who has done this. Honestly, I’m feeling really sick, watching these videos about it. :nauseated_face::woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

bumping because this needs to be heard

1 Like

Honestly, it’s disgusting. I like it to call it: The New Generation of BlackFace - Insta Style.

4 Likes

They’re trying to look black biracial, dark women, and light skin. It’s nasty and gross. And people are saying it’s okay since black women try to look white. First of all, we don’t bleach our skin to look “white” or straighten our hair to. New Flash: Straight and Blond hair isn’t only exclusive to white people. We do this stuff to be excepted in the European Standards, not to be necessarily white. Dark skins bleach their skin to look light skinned black since Light skins are usually excepted more. I just think we need to stop these women and expose they foe their true ways along with stop supporting them with this continuous, nasty cycle they are doing.

10 Likes

It really isn’t. White people need to learn this with other races as well. NONE OF US ARE TRENDS! WE ARE NOT YOUR TOYS! WE ARE NOT OBJECTS! AND WE ARE DEFINITELY NOT A DAMN COSTUME!

7 Likes

What’s blackfishing? And why are they doing it? I’m not hating on them, I’m worried about them, but not hating. What if they don’t want to be white? Some people are delusional, what if they believe that in a past life they were black and want to be separated from “The demon race?” Then, they need medical attention. There are some therapists telling little girls and boys what they were in past lives. It causes delusions in the mental patient. Because the child is mentally ill, they believe it and they’re children. Especially if the delusion is why they came there in the first place, they could just say “Hey, well, this is happening because you were once a boy and not a girl, and you weren’t Asian, you were caucasian.” These crazy sickos lie like bastards.

2 Likes

My mom who is Half African american half Afro trinidadian would always get made fun by a group of caucasuian students in her school because of her dark skin. They would talk about her body type and how she would wear her hair (afro, braids,etc) Years later while my mother was on facebook she came across one of those students pages. The woman had gotten butt enhanments lip filers, tans she even had braids, something that my mother was talked down on for years. The comments underneath that womans post were people from back in my moms school days hyping the lady saying that she looks beautiful. My mother who was BORN with dark skin thick 4c hair type thick body was bashed half of life but when it’s a caucasuian woman doing the same thing, something that she wasn’t even born with she gets praised for it. The world is just twisted.

7 Likes

In many ways it is, alright. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh yeah. Did you ever watch that video of that black girl believing she was a white women? It was crazy. However, in this situation, it isn’t that. One has stated their reasoning before. They stated it was a natural tan, which it wasn’t. Not even close. Some denied they were trying to look black and made excuses. There’s really nothing mentally wrong with them. You gotta remember, whites have done this for years, purposely. They want to be “black” because they see us a costume and a trend. Not a regular person.

6 Likes

Right! I’m biracial (black, and white) so I understand. They do it for attention, and it’s definitely NOT cute. They need to get that through their minds. Everyone wants to be black nowadays, but they aren’t. They need to understand that you are born the way you are, and you can’t change it. So stop trying to act black or even look black… this generation smh… What really sucks is, if we went out here acting or trying to look white, you know they would be upset… I saw this show where this woman went to get a melanin shot and “turned” black. Really… the fact of the matter is, they just want to be like us, but they can’t. Let them try all day… they just can’t. Don’t let it ruin your day if you see it. Just go about, because at the end of the day, you’re unique and these white … can’t be like us and it’s okay.

https://goo.gl/images/fcXNFo

5 Likes

Alright. I have a rant!

And I don’t know why they would do this but honestly I’m white (and mexican but I pass as more white than I do Mexican) and they are now making white girls seem bad in general and I’m not having that shit with those petty white girls making ME look bad :roll_eyes: And these white girls who are blackfishing deny it trying to say they TAN naturally in the sun?! They are lying and it’s SO OBVIOUS! This is highly offensive and really disturbing! Honestly it’s prolly because white people have been known as the prettiest race and now that black women have been getting the attention and finally been shown to the world that black is a beautiful race white girls have to go, “oh! they are getting attention that they never get! I gotta stop that! I have to be them cos Im getting less attention cos me as a white girl isn’t getting the beauty attention I’ve always got!”

LIKE HONEY NO YOU JEALOUS LITTLE PUTA!

6 Likes

Alright I might sound stupid, as I am part white too, but I hate SOME white people nowadays. :joy:

5 Likes

Agreed. I have about 25% white in me but I agree.

3 Likes

You don’t sound stupid. And you aren’t 100% part of the race so don’t put so much pressure or hate on yourself. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah. But also annoys me being told that I can’t hate white people cos I am white too. Now that’s just really rude. Just because I am white doesn’t mean I am like them and think like them. People put races into stereotypes which actually aggravates me. Also, telling people to stop acting a color actually triggers me. Because you guys are STILL putting races and personality traits into stereotypes. Like when I get attitude and shout it out loud, it’s not me trying to act black, I just share a trait that many blacks have. That has nothing to do with me trying to “act” black. (sorry off-topic but I just have to rant. :woman_shrugging:) also, this is my opinion in the end. So don’t attack me.

3 Likes

okay. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Understood.

3 Likes