BLACKFISHING: White people wanting to be black

Cos my friends that are African-American tell me I act black just cos I have an attitude? :thinking: How does that make any sense? Just because I am not sweet as most Caucasian girls, that doesn’t mean I am acting “out of my race”. :joy:

2 Likes

You don’t sound stupid at all! I don’t hate white people, (Im half trini-black and half german) i just hate the fact that they are praised for something that a black person have had since birth. Like people give praise to the wrong people. It’s annoying and sad

3 Likes

It really is. SMH. And dang my head hurts from all that head shaking at how stupid they are. :sleepy:

2 Likes

seriously first thing I thought when I saw he was “hOLY CRAP HER BOOBS ARE HUGE”

Anyway.
Uh.
Wait this is actually happening. Dear lord.

I hate that white people are suddenly deciding that they can just become Black, like we’re just here for their entertainment. Back when Black people were fighting for their rights, where were all the white people who wanted to be black then? But ohh now that we’re pretty equal in first world countries, suddenly being Black is “cool.” So cool that people are willing to forsake their heritage to become dark-skinned.
That’s pretty damn offensive they’ll go and look Black (uh no way in hell am I calling them actual Blacks, like no hun, skin colour isn’t the only thing that makes you black) when they haven’t had to go through anything some of us have had to.

8 Likes

Loving the fact that I am the person with the most posts :joy: . I’m just really opininated :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Well it’s actually not well-known but whites were slaved first. Before the black race ever entered the world. :blush:

I have learned this in school. The Ancient Greek and the Romans had slaves who were light-skinned. Not trying to diss on you but I’m just saying. :sweat_smile:

Um… Not to be rude, but school doesn’t always teach the correct things.
Columbus did not discover America.

4 Likes

I never believed he did, anyway, actually :joy:

In 1619 twenty Africans were brought to the English colony of Jamestown, Virginia . Historians are undecided if the legal practice of slavery began there, since at least some of them had the status of indentured servant. Alden T. Vaughn says most agree that both Negro slaves and indentured servants existed by 1640.

History of slavery - Wikipedia

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_slavery)

Ancient Greek and Ancient Rome were in the B.C.E era… A long time ago.

2 Likes

Let me see. I typed it up and that’s what came up tho^^

1 Like

Alright :grin:

1 Like

I feel like some people are gonna come in and say: “I think you guys are overreacting.” “It’s not a big issue.” “Blacks try to act/be white and Asian soo.” :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Well they are wrong, ignore them. They don’t have any sense.

3 Likes

And girl! If I wasn’t doing something, I would have been commenting nonstop. :joy:

2 Likes

But I do disagree to your statement, and either way, do you understand what we went through? I bet there was never a white person who was abused and thrown into a lake like Emmett Till, or segregated and told to sit in the back of the bus.

2 Likes

Time changes. People are idiots. But you do have to realize that it did stop now so that’s a great thing.

1 Like

Well, they can fuck off.

3 Likes

That is true!

1 Like

Slavery to blacks is still happening today.

3 Likes