BLACKFISHING: White people wanting to be black

Not really. OoOoO

It is? :scream:

3 Likes

:rage::sob::rage:

Love that this topic exists for people to let out their feelings. I’m super tan (just naturally) and I identify as white. Lately I have been going through my instagram and see GORGEOUS black people and telling myself: “jeez…sometimes I wish I was black” and I hear my black friends say that sometimes they wish they are white. Everyone wishes for features they don’t have at some point in their life. I’m not saying that black face and changing your skin tone to an extreme is OKAY but I think that white people should be allowed to admire and wish they were black. Saying “oh I wish my skin looked like that” or “her hair is GORGEOUS” is meant as a compliment not as black fishing. Also I just wanted to point out to be careful how you use the word “white” bc sometimes it sounds like your applying these concepts to the whole race and idk just bc not ALL whites change their skin tone to black.

Fell free to disagree I do not mean this to be offensive or rude and I’m not justifying black face. Tell me if you want me to clarify any of the points I made above :kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Yeah! You know how I found out?! OMG I saw a post on Instagram and on a news article talking about it. I also learned it from my family. It’s crazy sad

2 Likes

I agree with what you have stated!

1 Like

Hm well you have to think on who are controlling the slaves too… But still, slavery in GENERAL is messed up.

1 Like

Oooo, thanks for commenting on here and agreeing with some of us. that’s not the issue here. (I appreciate it) We are talking about just blackface.

2 Likes

I understand where you are coming from, and I do not mean to make it seem like I am talking about the whole race, bc I do have white in me, but I disagree with you. Admiring is totally different than trying to dress like us. I believe that it is rude and disrespectful to dress up like another race. Disagree with me if you want, but I find it very offensive. My ancestors had to fight for me to be here, and you think you can just dress up and be “black”… hell no.

3 Likes

Okay just thought i’d bring it up. Guess I just misunderstood a bit what was being implied :relaxed:

It’s happening in Italy and many others. They were trafficking “African Immigrants.”

1 Like

Yes! I was meaning to say that. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If I read you wrong, let me know.

Okay…

I AM ABOUT TO EXPLODE, HOLAY MAMA CHOCOLATE SAUCE!!!

WHAT THE ACTUAL - :rage::rage:

2 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

First everyone wants to be tan, now they want to be black?
Nope, I’m off this planet.

5 Likes

Lemme come with you. Hopes in Spaceship

5 Likes

Ugh too bad we don’t have that kind of technology to move to different planets and had the body to be able to live in another world. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I completely agree. I saw a buzzfeed article about this and i think it’s ridiculous that people are taking it THIS far. Compliments and flattery are okay and so are small alterations (ie foundation shades) but black face has never been okay and will never be.

4 Likes

Agreed. 100%

3 Likes