BLACKFISHING: White people wanting to be black

I would say “wishing to be black” is wrong because they only say that because of our looks. Once they know of the struggles and hardship we go through, they won’t want to anymore. :woman_shrugging:t5: I watched a video of a white women asking a crowd of whites if they wanted to be black, raise their hand and they didn’t at all. Cause they know of the struggles. They only care for the looks, not for the work for it.

3 Likes

“Blackness is an identity. It doesn’t just come with full lips, a rainbow of skin shades and miraculous hair. It also comes with stereotypes, a painful history, oppression, and a cultural awareness for survival that these white women never had to possess.”

6 Likes

I believe that every race has their own personal struggles that other races might have easier on them, actually.

3 Likes

:clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5:

1 Like

Personal struggles, yes. But when it comes to racial struggles. White privilege and comparing to how they have it to POC, it’s no similarities.

2 Likes

“I can be better at being Black than you can.” really upsetting.

2 Likes

Who said that??

2 Likes

It was in this article I’m currently reading. It stated that someone on Youtube said that.

3 Likes

Okay, I find that a little… f*cked up. :joy:

1 Like

Me too.

1 Like

Honestly it’s digusting. Literally a few years ago people would get dogged out for wearing natural/curly hair styles and now it’s 'trendy". smh

2 Likes

Now to veer back on topic…white girls should just love their skin how it is and stop being jealous that black women are finally getting the spotlight they deserve and try to be them, cos it’s all just upsetting and makes other races feel bad too

2 Likes

:100:

3 Likes

Technically, there was an Italian man who said that he did tan in the sun, it’s fully possible. Black people’s skin is not only genetic but a cause of nature itself, my uncle was light skinned, My great grandfather is white from mom’s side, he, my uncle, had worked out in the sun for a long time and started to get darker. He got brighter again, but he was dark from working in the sun for so long. It’s scientifically proven. It’s possible, White people get tans all the time, one girl was maybe white, she said that when she was little, she still is, but anyway, she had a kind of natural Afro. I don’t think she was fully proud of it; she may be 12 or 13 now because she was a kid when she made the video telling us about it, It was like, laying down type of afro. She could have been mixed and just had an afro from relatives which is highly likely, and she lost it, however. On my point, nature worked merely to protect us in the early years and still goes onto now. A white person’s body might come in. Naturally, one white family said that their skin turns changes color (I’m sure as humanly possible) when the seasons change/ it rains out. Not literally I know. They laughed about it; I look up stuff a lot, one white girl even said that her skin is naturally tanned.

If a white person’s skin is dark, it might be hyperpigmentation’s fault. Don’t go up to them and yell at them because it’s darker, then you’d be repeating the cycle but in a different way, I don’t want more people crying because their skin is darker than it “Should be” right now… image

Also, I don’t advocate the hatred of white people, not that you do, but if you do, you need to put that hate in the trash, dump it, and kill it again, as a black person, that ain’t right. I only dislike bad white people, I’m sure you do, too. But if you boxin’ people, that’s wrong. I feel like I have every right to tell a white person not to hate their own race because they shouldn’t hate an entire race. It’s not stereotyping; it’s common sense, I don’t care if you’re a Mexican, a black person, if you’re a racist, you’re crap. Not fully crap, but crap.
This is how I feel; you cain’t stop that. Now, you’re a nice person. I do believe black people existed in B.C., the Egyptians looked black, they had a big nose, big lips, and they were powerful.
In their depiction, they had DARK SKIN.
They had OTHER COLORS, BUT THEY PICKED, BROWN, BLACK, and LIGHT BROWN.

I do believe that white people can be treated like crap, I believe that it is a possibility that white people could be treated worse than blacks. There was the Arab slave trade which was said to be horrific. I don’t like it when blacks try to deny in an argumentive conversation that white people had it worse just to win an argument. It is possible; it should not be a competition. (Not that it is, just speaking of other cases) It is sick. If it happened, it shouldn’t be used as a defense by white racists to put down others struggles, and it shouldn’t be denied by blacks to put down their already faulty barrier because if you think about it, it’s like telling a rape victim that because she wasn’t raped as much as the next person she should stop complaining, SHE WAS RAPED, CASE CLOSED. BLACK PEOPLE WERE ENSLAved and treated poorly, CASE CLOSED, WHITE WERE TOO, CASE CLOSED. IIf they were treated worse, CASE CLOSED. IT HAPPENS. CASE CLOSED. TRY TO STOP IT INSTEAD OF USING IT AS A DEFENSE TO PUT DOWN OTHERS, YA’ SICK FREAKS!

1 Like

I’m sorry, I went off there.

1 Like

PREACH

3 Likes

Oh I don’t hate all whites if that’s what you thought :joy:

1 Like

Agreed 1,00000000000%

I’m sure you don’t, it was for you if you did tho, but now it’s not. It’s for the others.

Those white people need tons of counselling to go through. I’m just sayin’.

2 Likes

That is true.