Body Shaming...this should stop

Sorry for this rant in advance. I just really wanted to express my opinion on this certain matter.
Anyway. So, a few minutes ago I was just scrolling through instagram’s explore page. I click on this post by a repost account which was a video of a woman doing henna tattoos on another girl’s neck and chest area. I thought to myself, pretty dope. Let’s click on the comment section just to see what people think of this. I wasn’t prepared for what I was about to witness.

The top comments were these:
“lol she is flat-chested”.108 likes
“poor girl doesn’t have boobs”.348 likes
“where the boobs at”.79 likes

I instantly got furious. Like, isn’t it 2018?Are people still body shaming?

Imagine being the girl in the video. Stumbling upon this video and thinking:“That’s me”! Then clicking on the comment section and reading all these nasty stuff.

Now, some of you may think “Well, yeah, but there isn’t a huge possibility of it happening”.
What if somehow it did happen though? What if after this girl read these comments, she started crying and feeling insecure about something that in reality, SHOULDN’T EVEN MATTER.

Why does breast size even matter, something that she can’t even control? Why? WHY IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IN OUR SOCIETY OUR BODY IMAGE? SHOULDN’T OUR PERSONALITY BE MORE IMPORTANT THAN HOW BIG OUR BREASTS ARE? OR HOW FLAT OUR STOMACH IS ETC?

Is this what we’ve come to? Spreading negativity and hating each other? Why not spread POSITIVITY instead? Why not compliment each other? I didn’t see one comment talking about how beautiful the girl in the video was, or how pretty the henna turned out. None. All I saw was hate, hate,hate.

I say, let people look however they want to look (as long as they’re healthy) and focus on YOURSELF. It is getting ridiculous. This is what results in some people having insecurities. Ignorant assholes who NEED to stop talking nonsense and think before they say something.

STOP.
BODY.
SHAMING.
AND .
SPREADING.
NEGATIVITY.

24 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

PREACH!!! :raised_hands::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

PREACH :raised_hands:

2 Likes

This is so true and I thank you for reaching out. We should focus less on how others see us and how and focus on how we see ourselfs. Everyone is beautiful in the inside an out and body shaming was. And never is okay.

3 Likes

:crown:Queens should uplift other Queens :crown:

:raised_hands:

No matter what you look like (from the thin, plus-sized, short, very tall, the quirky, clumsy, loud, shy, outgoing and all in between) you’re special and loved and perfect just the way you are.

5 Likes

This is so true! Thank you for pointing this out. There are so many suicide attempts in the world some are because of online and some because of depression, why do people worsen these thoughts inside their head by spreading negativity? It’s like the only thing that matters these days are your body. They never think about what’s on the inside or what’s the personality of a person, they just judge a person by their looks and that’s done. Do not judge a book by its cover in other words, Do not judge a person by its looks

5 Likes

Because the same person you just insulted could be your doctor and nurse and taking care of you, or a CEO of a company and your pleading for help or a police you’ll never know… everyone’s body size have no right to be coming out your mouth… as @marianna_mn said as long as their healthy…

@Rylie just added a reply to yours

4 Likes

:clap:
True, it could be someone in the future that could help you

3 Likes

thank you so much for this post.

2 Likes