Book Club 5 (continued)

This thread was created to keep Book Club 5 going. All are free to join in our discussions as we choose books to read. Our first book that was chosen was Medicine for My Heart by Nima.

7 Likes

I’ve nearly finished the story. But I haven’t enjoyed it lol

2 Likes

It was okay… the halfway mark, the cliffhanger, made me want to read more. But now it’s back to being slow. I am on ch27.

3 Likes

It wasn’t one of my favorites, but I will give the author credit and say they tried and did have some good dialog at times.

4 Likes

I also saw SEVERAL typos and grammatical errors. No one is perfect, but proof read! Just saying…

4 Likes

Yeah, I understand that English isn’t her first language but there were a lot of sentences I had to reread! As well as some poor basic directing!

2 Likes

I would love to join the club :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Welcome! We started Medicine For My Heart. It’s decent so far…not Great. Just decent. I have made it more than half way through so I kind of want to see how it ends.

3 Likes

I didn’t enjoy it much either. It is a light read and the effort was definitely there, but for me it was a bit slow.

3 Likes

How many episodes does it have?

2 Likes

It has 40 episodes.

3 Likes

Do you have a group chat or something? Where you discuss the stories?

2 Likes

We were members of Book Club 5. It was a closed Beta Test and then it closed, but we decided to keep it going and discuss and recommend stories. And Medicine For My Heart is the first story to we agreed to read together.

4 Likes

I see.

1 Like

I quickly read this book, and she really did not impress me. Now I’m starting to be more interested in historical literature. Therefore, now I am actively studying the North American culture of Nacirema. I use https://eduzaurus.com/free-essay-samples/nacirema/ to learn new information and read free essay examples on Nacirema, written by experts. I recommend everyone who is also interested in history, learns more about this culture. It is very interesting.

3 Likes

Hey, so what book is next?

Sorry, I couldn’t figure out what I wanted to reply lol.

How about we do a different genre like Romance or Thriller?

1 Like

Both categories sound good to me. I am leaning towards thriller, because it seems I read a lot of romance titles. What did you have in mind?

2 Likes

I was expecting a lot more from something with 40 episodes.

2 Likes

Do you have a genre preference?

2 Likes