Book Clubs and Bottom Navigation Feedback Thread

Hi! Does this mean that we will be getting better filters for the community stories? As it is currently, it is very hard to find new stories to read even if a story has been completed due to the the imbalance of new stories on the trending lists (the list barely ever changes). Will there be anything done to make it easier to find more stories?

3 Likes

@Tory Really excited to use the book club feature. Although itā€™s not available yet. When will we be able to access this feature?

1 Like

Itā€™s slowly rolling out to the community right now! Weā€™ll announce the full release date closer to the featureā€™s release to everyone

3 Likes

So excited for it! :heart:

Thank you for replying :heart::heart:.
Will be waiting for it.

@Tory I donā€™t have the book club part but you said it will role out in batches to the community. However I did get the update where the sections are at the bottom. And I n the story section, as you scroll down on the stories and tap, itā€™s stuck selecting the stories at the top rather than the corresponding story when I scroll down. So Iā€™m only being able to tap the first few 7-8 stories trending in that genre rather than all of them.

Awesome!

This one donā€™t look great at all. The covers are so small that there is no longer a point of having a cover. The page scrolls down so fast that I miss a lot of stories. Itā€™s not good for those who are not in tops.

8 Likes

I agree. @Tory if itā€™s at all possible, the story covers would be better if they are larger rather than barely being able to see them. The covers provide a visual of what the story is and itā€™s hard to tell what youā€™re selecting if they are tiny.

Edit: not to mention how much authors are spending and making efforts to commission artists for a beautiful visual representation for their story. For both the artist who took time to draw them, and the author who wrote the story, it should at least be more visible rather than very little.

4 Likes

Yeah I agree. I donā€™t understand why the genres are this new format, but the stories we love, contest winners, and own voices are the old format (big covers). They should all be the old format which is easier to see the covers and different trending stories.

2 Likes

I also found a bug. When I press on the story to read, another story pops up.

2 Likes

Another bug. Every time I open the app, my pfp is doubled on top left part of screen. This has never happened except since the recent changes of the bottom selection.

I am experiencing this bug too.

1 Like

I havenā€™t gotten the update, Iā€™m inpatient lol :sob: :sob:

I personally donā€™t get the point, a book club is supposed to be able to choose certain books, the current set up is very limited. All I see is a bunch of different groups with the same challenge of reading any book on the shelves, you should be able to pick out specific books for a challenge. I think episodes has a long way to go with this one.

1 Like

So @Tory I do not understand this bookclub like at all, I created my own club and I myself have read a chapter from 2 different stories; I thought for a moment that maybe only episode stories counted since I read a community story and did not get a credit, so I decided to read an episode original (which I havenā€™t done in ages btw) and still no credit. Can you let me know how these challenges are actually suppose to work, since it says read 1 chapter of any story, even after doing that no credit? I also spoke to a couple of my members who have said they have also read and no one is showing credits.

1 Like

Iā€™m experiencing this problem too! Iā€™ve read multiple episodes of Episode original and community stories since I got this update and none of them have counted towards my goal of reading an episode. Hopefully this is fixed or explained soon :confused:

1 Like

So I got an update to choose a story for my group to read, I selfishly chose one of mine. Letā€™s see how this goes.

1 Like

In regards to the bottom navigation, I find it scrolls way too quickly through the stories. Sometimes it shows me the wrong story when I tap on another one to read the description. It is also difficult to see cover art since its so small. I would screen record but theres way too many bugs lmao. Also, I hate the new cc on official stories where the buttons bounce in every time you navigate, its really annoying.

2 Likes

Omg yes. I even stopped looking for new stories to read as I got too annoyed to scroll, because of how fast it scrolls and even if I find a story, I canā€™t read it because once I press it - another one shows up :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like