šŸ“š **BOOKS** vs **MOVIES** šŸŽ„

Lol, same. XDDDDDDDD Too sexual for my taste. Books n films.

2 Likes

You know what

They did make films from the books!!!
2 Likes

Yeah they did. XDDDD

2 Likes

I can tell you from first hand experienceā€¦ I read at least two of these books. I DID NOT LIKE THESE!!!
Then I tried to watch the first movieā€¦ and it was even worse!!! Way too much sexytime activities for no reason. I really didnā€™t have mush to read because every other situation was about what this guy with ooodles and ooodles of money was doing to this naive college student. PASS

3 Likes

Agreed!!!

2 Likes

You know what this reminds me of? Something else that I heard a lot about but never read or saw the moviesā€¦ The Chronicles of Narnia. I heard a lot of people that talked about the books and movies , but I never got to them. Have you read the books/ saw the movies?

2 Likes

omg omg omg, THE MOVIES ARE A YES!!! But I didnt get a chance to read the books!

2 Likes

You wanna know some thing crazy??? I used to work with a family that traveled all over the world, and they knew I loved books. So they bought me a set of Harry Potter books from London. And I read both the set from London and the set I bought here in America, and I would go through the books and highlight the differences in the books. Because even though they were supposed to be the same book, there were plenty of differences . Just look at these:

harry potter book1
Both of these are the same books, but there are differences in them just due to the country that they were published. I thought that was awesome. and then I would compare the books to the movies, and make mental notes about all of the differences , and all of the things that they left out.
2 Likes

Sorry, I forgot to answer your questions about the languagesā€¦ I love movies with subtitles. But there are a few movies that I enjoy watching without sub titles that are not in English.
Like this movie that is in French.

2 Likes

Ha we had to read the book in my Religious Education when I was at High Schoolā€¦did not like the class and didnā€™t get why we needed to read those books also watched film in that class I think. Plus sometimes the teacher wanted class to relax and breath in and out while having eyes closed and listening to her voice haha not great :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I absolutely have to put these on my list to check out. :heart:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I really loved The Crow growing up. I usually donā€™t like superhero comics, but I was really drawn to the Crowā€™s backstory and his desire to avenge his own death and that of his fiancee. His quest is very personal and selfish as a result, but he later learns that his second chance at life is more meaningful if he prevents others from sharing his fate.

I canā€™t really choose between the book and the film. The book was inspired by the death of the creatorā€™s girlfriend and the film commemorates Brandon Lee, who died during the filming of his characterā€™s death.

The Crow - Comic Cover

The Crow - Film Cover

3 Likes

Un film magnifique! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

THIS!!! :point_up:t4:
I was so sad when I found out that Brandon Lee died while filming this movie. And the soty that this book talks about is amazing!!! Excellent point here. You know another book that turned into a movie that I felt the same way about like how I felt about this book???

the outsiders movie
The Outsiders Book vs The Outsiders movie!!! Manā€¦ the book was required reading in school, but when the teacher played the movieā€¦ most of the people in the class were crying.

2 Likes

Merci beaucoup! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It is legit one of my all time favorite films!!!

2 Likes

I still need to see the film! I canā€™t believe S. E. Hinton wrote the book when she was 16! So much talent :heart:

2 Likes

RRRRRRIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHTTTTT!!! That just goes to show you that age absolutely does not hinder creativity. Nor do you have to be an adult to create something meaningful that people of all ages can learn from!!! :heart:

1 Like

Idk if Iā€™ve ever seen a movie that was better than the book :man_shrugging:t5: (Iā€™m a book person)

1 Like

BOOKS ARE LIFE!!! :+1:t4:

I would say that I agree with you 1000%
The only exception that I can think of would be the Movie version of The Godfather ( Parts 1 and 2)
gfather1-vs-gfather2
Vs the Book version Written by Mario Puzo

the sicilian

The only reason I would give the win to the two Movieā€™s is because Francis Ford Coppola is a straight up G.O.A.T . Like he is legit one of the absolute best film makers of all time, and he captured all of the important parts in the books by having the best cast on the planet at that time at his disposal. In some of these movies, it is not just that the screenplay left out key parts from the books, it also has to do with the type of actors that are cast to play the parts created in the scripts as well.