☆ Brutally Honest Reviews ☆ [CLOSED FOR CATCHUP]

I don’t have any specific good tips, but I’m sure the community would be willing to help if you asked around.

Probably the only advice I can give is be vague and only list the most engaging plot points of your story and then leave a hook that will captivate the reader into wanting to read more

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review my story! :orange_heart: I’m really happy for all the nice things you said and the constructive criticism! I’m glad you enjoyed it, and I will definitely adjust the things you said weren’t that good :orange_heart: Thanks again! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Could I please get a review on my first episode?? I just want to know if it is alright before I continue. If you say yes I will fill out form

☆ Bad Behavior Review ☆

Story by @LiyahxWrites

Read up to: Chapter 2

First Impressions

The cover art you posted here is pretty decent and eye catching, the colors scheme goes well together if a semi-monochromatic look was what you were going for. However, the cover art in the app is not that fantastic. For starters, the background you used in the app looks very low quality and just doesn’t fit in with the characters to well - it’s very obvious they are cut out from it. Lastly, the description posted here is worded a bit oddly but it is engaging and will probably reel in a potential viewer. I’m not a big grammar person but I would remove the coma, it doesn’t really belong there.

About the story:

Things I liked
  1. One of the things that stood out right away was the diversity of the characters. I think it’s great that you’re including POC and LGBT, and I actually really like the character designs you came up with naturally so I found myself not really changing the characters.

2. Right off the bat, I find myself engaged in the relationship dynamic between the MC and her mom! Also I wasn’t expecting the dad to be so much more likable than the mom, kinda makes me wonder what he sees in her, but it’s a pleasant surprise!

3. I love how the story tackles deeper issues, it’s refreshing to see.

4. The questions and answers at the end are nice and it’s good to see that you have answers to some actually good questions. But as I mentioned in a previous review, this will break the immersion of a binge reader (Doesn’t personally bother me, just a little Fyi)

5. (Spoiler) I LOVE the cheating confrontation scene with Xavier. Sis this is my cup of tea when it comes to drama. The dialogue here is very good, and I found myself enjoying reading this particular part more than others. ALSO THAT TWIST! I should have see it coming but it was nicely placed haha xD

6. I find myself very attached to almost all the main character’s and their friends, and I really enjoy the plot

Things I disliked
  1. Sometimes the dialogue doesn’t feel natural

2. There are A LOT of errors in the dialogue, albeit minor, but still a turn off nonetheless

3. The chapters were often quiet and didn’t have sound as it promised. I don’t really like to read silent stories.

4. Minor, but the outfits didn’t have names. I prefer when they’re named something, and I’ve read that some other readers do too (since we like to try them all on).

Would I recommend this story to others?

Fuck yeah! It’s got an amazing story for a drama, and from what I can see it’s pretty original too ! (if there are cliches in there, it’s not so obvious) And I LOVE the inclusiveness of POC and LGBT characters. Plus, almost all the characters I find are very likable!

Errors
  1. Some of the backgrounds used are lower quality so a big zoom in shows this particular flaw more. However, this isn’t a huge issue.

2. Not sure if this is intentional, but there are quite a decent amount of gramatical errors. I would spend some time going back and fixing the sentences. A lot of people won’t read a story with tons of grammar and spelling mistakes

3. In the scene where mom is arguing with her daughter and uses the angry argue animation, it would be best to adjust the camera zoom for that.

4. No music through the whole opening half until it gets to Lucas’s scene.

5. Lucas walked backwards, which looks bizarre. He should have turned and walked to the spot, then turned back, or you should have placed the dad somewhere else and then just used camera shots for them talking.

6. Animation glitch in Daphne scene.

Finally…

Overall thoughts on the story

It’s a fantastic story with high quality writing and great character interactions / dynamics. Overall, I found myself enjoying the plot and characters despite how basic the directing was and despite how off putting the errors in the story were. The story could use some visual polish and minor grammar corrections, but it is very lovely and enjoyable! I am 100% going to read all future chapters of this story!

1 Like

I will read 2 episodes of each story people request, as stated in my post :slight_smile:

Queue updated! I will now be closing the line until I finish all 12 of the reviews in queue. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs::innocent:

Anyone asking to be queued up below this post will be ignored until the spots are open again! (Feel free to reserve a spot, but don’t expect me to get to it anytime soon!)

2 Likes

Ive only done 1 episode…

Ah okay! Got it.
I just find it to be really bizarre how one specific character doesn’t show up when everyone else does XD

And some stories just to forget to add music sometimes, so it’s always worth mentioning just in case it’s not an error from the app.

I do get that problem a few times, more recently than before. It’s really strange. TBH never got that problem in Episode official stories, only User ones.

1 Like

Thank you so much for these comments and the review!
Funny thing about the sound. I had sound in the beinging lol but a lot of people told me it wasn’t a must😒. So, now i’m just confused.
I’m almost comma happy.
I’ll go in and fix those errors that you listed.
I’ll fix the names of the outfits also. I’ll get a little more creative :smirk:
The large cover was supposed to temporary lol but has stayed way longer than I expected…
ALSO. I am glad you would recommend my story and I hope you enjoy the rest of the chapter, feel free to leave comments about it in my PM if you want.

2 Likes

Alright everyone, been busy for the past few days. I have some free time again, So i’ll begin reading your stories! (Down the queue line)

1 Like

☆ Oblivious Review ☆

Story by @The_Saminator
Read up to: Chapter 2

First Impressions

The cover art is nicely made, I do like it but It looks really low quality? I can see the jpeg blocking effects that you only get from low quality jpeg images. You could remake the cover at a higher quality, but of course you don’t need to. As for the description…The short and sweetness is nice to see, but the grammar isn’t the best on it and it lacks some punctuation. You should touch that up a little bit to seem more professional.

About the story:

Things I liked
  1. The directing is really nice! You did a fantastic job with it!
  2. I love the characters, they’re all super nice and easy to get attached to
    The dialogue feels pretty natural
  3. The story flows extremely nicely!
  4. The dialogue feels pretty natural
  5. I like how easygoing the plot is so far! I’m personally not used to such a lighthearted story haha, It’s kinda refreshing!
  6. Although the story isn’t very realistic, I actually like that it’s a change of pace
  7. The story made me laugh and smile a few times. Good job ! xD (I don’t normally laugh for smile when reading stories)
Things I disliked
  1. I don’t like when there is no sound in stories. This is purely preference though!
  2. Kai isn’t actually that awkward, it’s only around her really, so the description is pretty misleading. Nonetheless, I do actually like Kai’s character.
Would I recommend this story to others?

Absolutely! Anyone who is looking for a lighthearted story with a few bonus smiles should go and read this great story!

Errors
  1. Warning Splash is difficult to read, It’s hard to tell it’s a warning splash.
  2. You should fix the label for the character customization to be BELOW the walk in. Because everytime you click to go back, the character reenters the scene and it ruins the flow of things because then the reader has to wait extra.
  3. The walking backward is a little weird (during send off scene). Maybe just have them turn and walk?
  4. There are some low quality backgrounds, becomes very obvious in the zoom ins
  5. Sometimes there is talking where it shouldn’t be, but I suspect you had no other animations to use for that particular thing, so no big deal!
  6. When they left to go to school, they walking in place for a few seconds
  7. Transition after meeting Pumpkin doesn’t work how it should

Finally…

Overall thoughts on the story

I really loved the story! I normally don’t read light-hearted stories since I don’t tend to like them…However this story won me over! The directing is absolutely top tier, you can tell the author spent a lot of time on it, and while the plot isn’t hooking or immensely engaging, it is really unique and enjoyable. I really love the interactions between the characters and find them endearing! While there are a decent amount of errors in the story, they’re actually not that noticeable. I’m very likely to read future chapters of this story despite the type of story not being my preferred style (that just goes to show how well made it is)

Edit: Forgot to mention that you also have really long chapters, which I like! Makes using a pass on the story VERY worthwhile since you get A LOT of content! :smile::heart:

1 Like

It’s okay if you don’t have sound. It’s a bit iffy. Some people may prefer not to have any since they may be listening to music while they read, or some people may prefer it because they don’t have any sounds playing while they read.

In the end it’s up to you. My personal preference is that I like stories to have music since I don’t listen to anything when I read. Of course, again, this is just my preference and In no way does anyone have to cater to it. :laughing::joy:

It really doesn’t affect my opinion if you don’t have sound. But it IS bizarre if you use music throughout some scenes, but not others.

And thank you for taking the time to read my review and appreciating my input! :smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much. As my first story on here it means so much to me that overall it is successful.
I have wrote down the errors and 8 will definitely be working on them so I really appreciate your feedback.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

It was really helpful. & I take all the feedback that I can. So once again! Thank you :heartpulse:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.