You obviously already know what this is going to be about so I will skip the intro and get right into it
- Storyline/Plot: How engaging is your storyline? Is the plot good? Does it have potential to enthrall and engross readers?
- Grammar/Syntax: How good is your grammar? I understand English is not the first language of many Episode readers, but since the stories are in English, your grammar and syntax must be excellent in order to keep people reading.
- Directing/Spot Directing/Zooms/Layering: How good is your directing? Do you use advanced spot directing, and if so, how well do you use it? Is it executed properly? Are the characters at the correct spots and are they layered properly? This is a make or break thing when it comes to stories. People will stop reading if your directing isn’t good.
- Story Title/Cover/Description: This is EXTREMELY important. I will be judging you on this, because every other reader will be judging you on this. Everyone judges a book (or story) by its cover. It may seem unfair, but it’s the truth. Is your story title engaging? Is your cover attention-grabbing? Does your description have perfect grammar and does it entice the reader to click your story?
- Chapter Length: Are you chapters the appropriate length? (Roughly 10-20 minutes) Do your chapters end in the correct place, story-wise? Does it make the reader want more? Are readers wasting a pass on your 5 minute chapter? These are all important questions! You have to give the reader a substantial amount of story in each chapter. They should feel satisfied after every chapter, and they should want to read more.
Character Appearance: Do you offer CC? If you don’t, you’d better have a good reason why! It’s harder to get reads if you don’t offer customization, and there should be a VERY specific reason as to why customization is not an option. How good is your CC template? Do you offer ALL the features? I will be judging you on this.
Character Quality: How interesting are your characters? Over the course of the story, is there character development or do your characters act the same way all the time? Is your MC likable, relatable or at least interesting? Is your love interest a likable person as well? If there is no love story, then I will focus on platonic/family relationships. How do you develop these relationships with your writing?
Choices: Do you offer choices throughout your story? Do the choices impact the story? I understand that they might not within the first three episodes. But choices make a story SO much more interesting and they make readers feel like their opinion actually matters.
Music: Do you use music in your story? Even if you prefer stories with no sound, you should use music for those readers who like their stories with sound. If you don’t use music, your story will be less likely to succeed. How well do you use music - do your scenes fit the sounds that you use?
- Do the speech bubbles cover the characters’ faces? Do they indicate that the correct person is speaking? Are they the correct size and in the right spot?
Additional things I will judge that will not affect your story score:
FANMAIL: Are you responsive and courteous to your fans? Remember that without them your story wouldn’t have any exposure. I don’t like reading stories written by bratty authors. This won’t affect your story score, but it will affect people’s perception of you
1.) Do NOT spam this thread. ONE post is sufficient for me to read your story. If you post more than once or get pushy, I will ignore you and move on to the next person. Please be patient.
2.) Please try to be courteous and don’t be rude to me or anyone else participating.
3.) Again, be patient. It may take me a few days to get to your review.
4.) Understand that my review is NOT personal. I am simply trying to help you improve your story.
5.) If you improve your story and then want me to re-review it, please make a note of your improvements before posting a second time.
6.) Do NOT post Your Story if 5/5 slots are in the title don’t post your stories, wait until it’s 4/5 or something in the like.
Fill Out Form posters who don’t fill out a form will be flagged as Spam. If you happen to find that or some off topic replies please flag. Do NOT flag ones commenting about review unless they’re Impolite.
PM me if you don’t like my review and would like to discuss some things!
Would You Like A Cover If Your Name Is Drawn?
*NOTES: I enter your names into a drawing if you would like to have a new cover for your story. (Explained Later)
Thanks, and I hope to read many great stories soon!