Bugs that are happening in the portal

There are so many bugs in the portal and I NEED to know if its just me. Like we need more people to complain so it can actually get fixed cause chile I cannot write under these conditions.

1. Length of Script box keeps shrinking

• The scripting box is smaller than the preview area, I keep having to scroll and as I copy and paste codes it gets smaller and smaller, and the coding box that I copied from shows up at the bottom? Its been happening for months now but now its so much its impossible to write

2. Random Errors on animations

• Animations copied straight from the animation portal are showing up as errors

3. Clothes keep disappearing

• This one has been literally happening for like 3 years.

If you know how to fix these please let me know Im dying out here chile

9 Likes

idk if episode ever plans on fixing these glitches :confused: i have these problems as well

1 Like

The first one I think is just the update (by that I mean the small coding space, but the preview copy thing showing up on the bottom has also been happening to me for months now though) , the second one I’ve been getting too for almost 3 weeks now with no help from the support team, and as for the third one, I don’t think I’ve ever gotten that :sweat_smile:

But I agree, these need to be fixed. No one asked for a blinding all-white portal or a tiny coding space, I don’t know why they “fixed” what’s not broken :// we asked for glitches to be fixed

2 Likes

YES! Both the web and mobile previewers have gotten 1000x worse this week for me! Which has been awful for trying to write a contest entry, lol.

On web:

1. Can’t read the rightmost text in my script due to the scroll bar.
  2. Same errors on the animations; it says the animations may not be available for certain characters (luckily you can still publish chapters with this error).

On mobile:

1. Characters bleed into new scenes! I’d have a full scene transition with a new background and then see background characters from the previous scene continue walking around in the new scene.
  2. Characters remain idle instead of performing animations (this one has been around for a while, but it has gotten worse recently).
3 Likes

i wish episode listens to us for once :sob: it’s been a while since we have been experiencing these issues.

1 Like

I hate how we have to scroll towards the bottom just to see anything on the side. before I didn’t have too. On pc.

1 Like

I have noticed since I switched over to the iPhone 13 the text box/speech bubble have shrunk by a lot. At first I thought it was me typing in the code wrong but nope… hopefully they fix it because most of speech bubbles are off centered from where I placed them :worried:

1 Like

yes this one has been happening to me so often for some reason! i recently used the read_phone_netural animation in my script (i write in ink) and it showed up as a warning saying something like “character may display idle animation instead” i cant exactly remember, but then in the next chapter i used the EXACT same animation on a different character and absolutely no errors

2 Likes

YES!!! It’s so annoying??

1 Like

its so demotivating it takes me 3 hours to get one scene done omg

2 Likes

fr like I literally cannot write under these conditions

1 Like

Sometimes when I add weathers it glitches the effect just doesn’t show up :sob::sob::sob:. Happen to me every time after I add one weather after a script. 🥲.

1 Like

yeah i made a topic on this here because i was confused, apparently it will only show up if you preview the scene on mobile not portal.

2 Likes

omg they fixed it for me with this new update we praise the lord! I hope its been fixed for yall too!

3 Likes

Fixed for me too :smiley:
I had to refresh my page to see the changes. Very happy! I hope everyone else is getting this update :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’m so relieved fr, but RIP having a large preview while having the full code LOL, oh well, it’s worth it

2 Likes

I KNOW AHH but at least we can actually code now lmao

1 Like