Calling All Australians šŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗ

Where are you currently living? I have a friend in Perth (my parents always say they want to move there Iā€™m like why there nothing there) they keep telling me its a lovely place but my friend who lives there keeps telling me theres nothing there.
30 hours ouch my flight to Kentucky a few years back was 26 hours

2 Likes

Mexico. So my best option is to fly to LA then fly to Melbs or Sydney.

And there is nothing there lol. Unless you want to take the time and drive down south or something. Do a wine tour :joy:

Originally I flew from Perth to Toronto. 11 hours to Dubai, 14 hours to Toronto butā€¦ I flew business the entire way (thank you frequent flier) and got to chill in the lounge in Dubai :smiley:
Unfortunately, I will not have that luxury coming home. :sob:

1 Like

Everyone here just love to argue, there one person whos taking edited background taking items from them and creating her own and she keeps saying sheā€™s doing nothing wrong its argh! I said someone twice just TWICE suddenly its a ā€œconstantā€ thing she said she was a newbie at first then she kept doing it and has no excuse. She clearly knows its wrong but doesnā€™t care.

2 Likes

crosses Perth off bucket list

:joy: Iā€™m such a great ambassador. I would actually recommend hiring a car and driving down to Busselton and Margaret River. Or some people go up North which I havenā€™t done in the 26 years I lived there, so I canā€™t commentā€¦

That being said, I do miss it lol. And to any Perth people Iā€™ve offended, Iā€™m sorry :joy::see_no_evil:

1 Like

Oh Mexico youā€™re the first person that Iā€™ve spoken to thats in Mexico. Iā€™m from Melbourne
Wine Tourā€¦ you had me at wine haha
As long as its only sweet ones lol

2 Likes

I eventually want to go around Australia and do all the massive tourist spots, maybe not all in one go though, so this is handy to know :joy:

2 Likes

I recently went to Hamilton Island for the first time OMG its literally paradise there (although I found out get a reaction to chlorine which was not fun)

2 Likes

Oooh I know a girl whoā€™s road-tripping around Australian right now with her bf. If anyoneā€™s curious, itā€™s @/thedirtydrifters www.dirtydrifters.com.au
Theyā€™ve been going since March.

I havenā€™t seen much of Australia myself. Melbourne once, Queensland once (only for a couple days) and thatā€™s really it :neutral_face:. But Iā€™ve traveled a lot outside of Australia.

1 Like

I want to go there SO BAD!

Gah, Iā€™m jealous of your friends.

Iā€™ve done really bad in terms of travel around Australia. Iā€™ve only been to NSW, SA and QLDā€¦ (and ACTā€¦ does that even count?). I want to go to each state at least once thoughā€¦ Even Tas, lol. So that websiteā€™s going to keep me entertained for a while!

Has anyone been to the pink lake in WA? My sister has been wanting to go there for years now

2 Likes

Not sure if itā€™s still pink :thinking::joy:
And yes I had to google it. Iā€™m the worst Western Australian ever (Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve heard about it before though.)
Edit: Apparently thereā€™s another lake thatā€™s still pink nearby (Lake Hillier)

Iā€™d really like to see more of Australia. Of course, now that I donā€™t live there it might be a bit harder. Isnā€™t it funny that sometimes you can live in a country yet hardly actually see that country. Whenever I had extra cash, I got as far away from Australia as possible :joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™m the same Iā€™ve not seen much of Australia either, beside parts of Victoria, just QLD lol

2 Likes

WHAT?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOO
WA is definitely off the bucket list now. Thank u, next :wave:

:joy:
Can you imagine going to see this ā€œpink lakeā€ and wondering why itā€™s normal-water coloured?

2 Likes

haha imagine a family going there ā€œdad why is it called pink lake, when itā€™s not even pinkā€ lol

2 Likes

Pondering whether to start my story as the main character and sibling as babies (in swaddle) rather than making them miniature adults? (the start is more like a flashback but not a flashback if you get what I meanā€¦ like itā€™s in present but then fast forwards to where they are now 21) or should i make them mini adults?

I feel like mini adults never look quite right because of the chest (for females), so Iā€™d say baby swaddles :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

exactly! it think it looks super weird

3 Likes

I found out today I just got summoned for jury duty. I havenā€™t lived in Australia for four years and after the last election, they removed me from the electoral roll :rofl: :woman_facepalming:
I mean if they want to pay for my flights home (since I need to go home at some point anyway), Iā€™ll happily do it.

3 Likes