Calling all dancers/gymnasts/athletes that do sports that include dance!

Hello y’all! (cringe, I sound so strange) I am a rhythmic gymnast and ballet dancer. My dance history goes back to when I couldn’t even walk. My parents would play music and I would just wiggle my body and shake my butt :joy:

When I was two, my parents enrolled me at a ballet school. I was a wild child and just did not listen to the coach. I just choreographed my own cute routines. So, off to another dance school. My second dance school, I was a little more obedient :smile: so I continued there.

Due to being bullied for being girly, I turned straight into a tomboy. I claimed to hate pink, and pretended to be embarrassed about doing ballet in my past. I stopped ballet and began fencing, basketball and swimming. This continued until I was 11.

When I transitioned into secondary school, I was like woohoo I can be meeee. So, I began cartwheeling and leaping and dancing. I made my own rhythmic gymnastics ribbon out of sewing ribbon and picked up ballet again. And I told my mum that I wanted to do rhythmic gymnastics, and so I started. I was 12 at that time, so I started really late- most people start at like 5. Luckily, I already had a ballet background so I could do the splits and was pretty flexible, and basic gymnastics skills like cartwheels were just kind of something every girl could do at my school :woman_shrugging: I also began figure skating.

I’m now 13, and go to a rhythmic gymnastics school that’s produced amazing athletes. I enjoy it every time I go. Because of my mental illnesses, I’m currently going to school part-time-ish, so I have lots of time. I train four hours a week, and we’re planning to go up to 6, and to increase my ballet hours. What dance-y things do you do? What’s your story?

• Latin dance
  • Contemporary
  • Ballet
  • Street dance
  • Break Dance (is that the same thing as street dance??)
  • Hip hop
  • Jazz
  • Tap
  • Bollywood
  • Raggaeton
  • Ballroom dance
  • Figure skate
  • Rhythmic gymnastics
  • Cheerleading
  • Artistic gymnastics
  • Acrobatic
  • Acrobatic dance
  • Other
  • I don’t dance, and don’t want to :joy:
  • I don’t dance, but I want to :heart:

0 voters

That sounds amazing! I’m low-key so jealous. But I don’t exactly have the time to dance (I play violin tho) I have this (minor) problem with my feet where basically after like 3 mins of walking or standing, they start to hurt. I’m getting this fixed, but I just get too tired doing sports and stuff quicker than everyone else because of this…
But what you do sounds amazing and I’d love to start dancing when I’m older!

1 Like

Ooh, I play the violin too :heart:

1 Like

:grinning:

Cool! I do too

1 Like

Ooh, we all play violin? Do you do grades?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.