Calling All Mixed People ✨!

okay so i have a question for anyone that is mixed (i’m black & hispanic) do you guys feel more closer to one race than the other? for me i feel closer to my black culture and like honestly i feel black too :sweat_smile: but i’m not. maybe i’m the only one idk :woman_shrugging: also sorry if i didn’t explain this well :see_no_evil:

9 Likes

I’m black and white and a bit Italian but I don’t feel closer to either

2 Likes

oooh thats soo cool!! and I think the reason I feel closer is probably because like I’m wayy closer to my mom’s side (my mom is black) than my dad’s side (which is the hispanic side) and thats just because we don’t visit his family like at all, where else on my mom’s side we always are visiting them.

2 Likes

I’m British but my family is Romanian and i have always felt closet to my Romanian self

2 Likes

oooh that’s so cool :star_struck:!! and is there any reason why you feel closer to your Romanian self?

The culture and everything, it’s just more fun and I’ve lived in Moldova for 7 years

1 Like

ooh okay, I completely agree with you about your what you said about it being more fun; the same thing goes for me :blob_hearts:

For example Easter traditions or something :partying_face:

1 Like

my mum is white and my dad is black I don’t really know if I’m closer to a race but I’m closer to my mums side because my dad i don’t see much so I don’t know a lot about my culture from my dads side so i guess i feel more white in a way.

1 Like

yeah i feel you, I don’t see my dad much either so that like automatically make me closer to my mom’s side.

1 Like

yess :tada:!!!

I’m glad it’s not just me :joy:

1 Like

yess !! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Not going to lie it depends on the day lol
I like the culture on both sides so I try to make a point as to not go one way or the other but according to a lot of people I tend to switch between the two behavior wise.

1 Like

Interesting :laughing: but that’s good that you try to make a point as to not go one way or the other :blush: :sparkling_heart:

Yeah! :sweat_smile: :two_hearts:
Honestly, my insight is that I’m more than my race, so… idk XD :kissing: :v:

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: good for you girl :blob_hearts:!! (or boy idk :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

I’m Mexican & American, I was born in America (where I currently live with my parents & siblings, but my parents, and the rest of my bloodline is from Mexico)

It depends, I sometimes feel closer to Mexico :mexico: when I eat Mexican food and celebrate my religion, but sometimes I’ll feel American when I’m out I guess, but overall I don’t really think about that, so that’s a good question :partying_face:

2 Likes

hehe I LOVE mexican food !! and that’s so cool !!! Sometimes when I do certain activities or eat certain food I also feel closer to my hispanic side too. and thank youu :sparkling_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

so I have a question for you, you may or may not know the answer to it but if you do I would love to know the answer. So is Mexican & Hispanic basically like the same thing?

1 Like