šŸ¶ Calling All Pet Owners! Does your pet do "human-like" things?šŸ±

Hello everyone!
So, if you read the title, that pretty much explains what this will be about. So I have come across my dog learning how to turn door knobsā€¦Yes, door knobs. :joy: My dog has been very mischievous lately, when he steals a shoe or anything we accidentally drop, he runs off to a darker room and stays as silent as possibly without movingā€¦Great, huh? And now more recently, heā€™s been ā€œspeakingā€ by making these growling noises but slurring them to tell us that heā€™s gotta go outside, or is really bored and wants to playā€¦or simply beg (which we still havenā€™t broken him out of). :woman_facepalming:

Anyway, I was just curious to what people here on the forums petsā€™ (ANY pets) have done that seems to be ā€œhuman-likeā€?
(Even if you donā€™t own a pet, have you ever seen an animal/pet do a ā€œhuman-likeā€ thing?)

I also need some responses for other non specified reasonsā€¦

6 Likes

The only human-like qualities my dog has is that:

1. He loves affection.
  2. He loves jumping into strollers and going for a ride. :joy:
  3. Heā€™s fussy with his food and very much prefers ā€˜humanā€™ food.
  4. He dislikes children.
2 Likes

My dog always wants to sit in a chair at the dining table whenever weā€™re all sitting there eating, or even just playing a board game. (the chair and table will have a good amount of space since she sometimes just decides to stand on it, but she still stays there eventhough she doesnā€™t get anything out of it)
When she sees a baby or toddler she doesnā€™t know what to do with it, she wants to be close, but not too close.

2 Likes

my dog loves to look out the window; we have a window low enough for him to stand and just lookout. his favorite thing to do is to howl at the dogs walking nearby lol

1 Like

My cat is basically me, but small, furry and cute. So, pretty much her entire persona is human-like.

Or is my persona cat-like?

5 Likes

My birds kinda are human-like, now that I think about it :joy:

Whenever I leave the room, my parakeet Kiwi scurries towards the door to say ā€œgoodbye,ā€ but instead of flying, like she usually does, she decides to walk. Then she clings to my feetā€¦ like sheā€™s giving me a hug? I donā€™t know what it is, but itā€™s cute. It just gives me a fear that Iā€™ll step on her every time she does that. :grimacing: Sheā€™s crazy smart for her size too; she always knows when Iā€™m going to close the cage door and stops me from doing so by standing on the rim thingy. Then she stands there forever so I canā€™t close it.

They donā€™t talk (unfortunately) so thatā€™s one human-y thing they canā€™t do. But I donā€™t mind so much :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@schittwriter @juliewrites @Youngbl00d @Kyo @Dragon Thank you all for replying, means a lot. Iā€™ve gotten my idea for the non specified reason. thanks again :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

Honestlyā€¦ same :sneezing_face::rofl:

3 Likes

Lmao. I donā€™t blame you. :joy:

3 Likes

We had a cat that opened the fridge. And some of our cats taking seat like and old man by the TV :rofl: And one of our cats howls/meows like a wolf. :thinking: So, I think he has an identity crisisā€¦

3 Likes

My dog sits like an old man at times.

2 Likes

My cat only eats and drinks on the table from her bowl, like she sits on the couch, eats her food and watches TV. :woman_shrugging: :joy: :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Dog 1:

• Sitting on the child saftey seat in the car
  • Sleeping in my sisterā€™s doll stroller
  • Refusing to eat his food unless itā€™s served on a plate
  • Sleeping wrapped in blankets

Dog 2:

• Opening the front door
  • Opening zips (for example, to steal things out of backpacks)

Puppy
Is basically like a human baby. He gets super clingy and whiny when heā€™s tired and wants to be carried around.

2 Likes

My dog watches tv at times and opens the door with his face lmao.
This is him snuggling his toy duck.

4 Likes

My cat tries to eat my breakfast EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING.
I have to throw him across the room every 10 seconds and he keeps coming back.
I donā€™t know whatā€™s been with him lately, but he recently started having an obsession with human food. Like oatmeal is his favorite food right now. Every time I make myself some, he always jumps on the table and tries to stick his face in the bowl. I usually let him lick the contents of the bowl once Iā€™m done, just to be nice. And he licks it CLEAN. Now whenever he sees anyone with a bowl, he perks up and wants to see whatā€™s in it. Heā€™s an actual crackhead.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s so cute! Does it squeak?

Not anymore. He chewed it open :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

OhhhšŸ˜‚

I would too :joy:
My cat doesnā€™t usually beg though. He just sits there and looks pissed off. :joy::joy:

4 Likes

I mean my dog can open a baby gate by pushing the handle up if you donā€™t close it fully
The whole purpose of our baby gate is to keep the dog downstairs

2 Likes