Calling artists! Explanations (anyone welcome but I need experience)

@Cheyara_Skadi another thing, is there an app you an make outlines with (other than hand)?

You can draw them on the apps that you use for the art, like ibis paint, medibang etc.

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here for you for future reference :slight_smile:

How to cut out characters!:

Input:
EXT. GREEN - DAY
@zoom on 320 568 to 364% in 0
@CHARACTER stands screen center
@CHARACTER2 etc…

I’m zooming in to the scene so that I get more of a solid green color because the background I’m using is dark at the bottom.

Add the animation and which way you want them to face. Next, slide the preview over to the left by dragging the grey bar… like so:

This will help improve the quality of the character(s). Next, you want to spot the character while making sure that they aren’t hitting the Directing helper buttons. Do this by avoiding the top buttons only, because you can get rid of the lower ones. Like so:

So, she’s taking up as much space as she can thus, being the best quality she can be, although some poses are tricky because their arms are fully extended or some weird pose and it’s hard to fit them in the previewer. anyways, Take a screenshot at this point. Please use photoshop or something like that (like freephototool.com or Gimp) And you drag in the screenshot, grab the rectangle select tool and create a box around the character trying your best to cut off the edges that aren’t green. Then hit Ctrl+Shift+I and then delete. Hit Ctrl+D to deselect. Go further, deleting the buttons, then grab the Magic Wand tool (selected after clicking the Quick selection tool) And set the Tolerance to 110 or 90 if 110 is too much. Play with it, you can always hit Shift+Z to go back. Try selecting the brighter part of the green and deleting as much as needed. Make sure to find the remaining green pockets and lower the tolerance if needed. Next up, Save the image as a PNG under File>Export as> PNG>OK And wallah! you should have yourself a transparent character :slight_smile: If you have any questions let me know! SORRY for the long post I really am this is a LOT

2 Likes

errr…How do you take a screenshot on windows…?

You can download Lightshot. After installation just open it and with print you can take screenshots individually.

1 Like

@Jeremy please close this thread…

1 Like

You got it @InkWaves :lock: