Calling scene help plz! (URGENT)

can someone make me a calling scene between two guy best friends? random, i know, but i’d take anything it’s just i don’t know how i should code the scene. Thanks so much!

it depends on what you mean with calling scene

if you mean something like this

you have 2 ways how to do it.

1. create backgroud which will look splited like on the picture - this is easier for coding because you do not need to code overlays

2. you create from one of the backgrounds and overlay - this is more interesting because you can slide the overlay with the second character in and of the scene

2 Likes

i’m trying to use a background as an overlay, but i just don’t know how to code it…

Do you know how to create an overlay?

@overlay OVERLAYNAME create
@overlay OVERLAYNAME shifts to X Y
@overlay OVERLAYNAME scales to X Y
@overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity X
@overlay OVERLAYNAME to layer #
@overlay OVERLAYNAME rotates ANGLE ANCHOR POINT
@overlay OVERLAYNAME clear

STARTING OFFSCREEN
Start with your overlay off screen.
Simultaneously, pan in the direction of your choice, shift the overlay so its edge is in the center, and move the offscreen character.

STARTING ONSCREEN
Just spot everything into place, but you won’t need to move (pan/shift) anything.

1 Like

you need to download the background and in some picture modifing program save it as png file, than upload it as an overlay.
If you dont know how to do this just post here the background you want to make an overlay and tell me witch zone you would like to use for sliding in “overlay” (baceause whole background you do not need and it is usally too big file for overlay) I will cut it for you and change it to overlay and I can send you the script to it too if you want.

oml, thank you so much

BACKGROUND:

Summary

in zone 2

OVERLAY:

Summary

in zone 1

I will do it tomorrow. After I willcome back from work. :wink:

2 Likes

so here you go… the overay is is right size so I havent cutted it of co just remane the backgrund and the overla to what youe names

INT. BACKGROUND with OVERLAY to 1 0 0 in zone 3 at layer 2
&cut to zone 2
&CHAR2 spot 1.280 415 0 in zone 2 AND CHAR2 faces left AND CHAR2 moves to layer 3
&CHAR1 spot 1.280 65 0 in zone 2 AND CHAR1 faces right AND CHAR1 moves to layer 1
@CHAR1 is think_rubchin
CHAR1 (deepbreath)
(I should call him)
@CHAR1 is listen_phone_confused
@pause for 2
&overlay OVERLAY shifts to 160 0 in zone 2 in 2
&CHAR2 walks to spot 1.280 255 0 in zone 2 in 2 AND CHAR2 does it while listen_phone_happy_loop THEN CHAR2 is listen_phone_happy_loop
CHAR1 (talk_phone_excited_loop)
Oh hi it’s me…
@pause for 1
NARR
Here goes the whole dialogue
&CHAR1 is listen_phone_sigh
CHAR2 (talk_phone_sad_loop)
Good bye.
&CHAR1 is hangup_phone_angry
&overlay OVERLAY shifts to 0 0 in zone 3 in 2
@CHAR2 walks to spot 1.280 415 0 in zone 2 in 2 AND CHAR2 does it while deepbreath AND CHAR2 faces left

thank you so much! would you like credit?

no you do not have to credit me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.