Camp Half-Blood RP - Official Thread

Camp Half-Blood RP

This RP is inspired by the Percy Jackson books and movies. In this the Percy Jackson characters have never existed, but some of the things they did have happened though.

Camp Half-Blood has been mostly uneventful for over a year. There have been no quests, and no prophecies, for over a year. Just at the beginning of summer, the previous leader of Camp Half-Blood has disappeared without a trace. Only a small circle of campers have any idea that there is anything wrong, while most just believe there is temporary change in leadership. Little do people know, the past year was just the calm before the storm.

Description of Camp Half-Blood

Camp Halfblood is a place where Greek demigods train for battles that may come and to stay safe away from any mortals or monsters that want to hurt them. The camp has magical borders which are enforced by the Golden Fleece, which is guarded by the dragon, Peleus. The main entrance of the camp is through Half-Blood Hill.

The half-bloods live in cabins (one for each of the twelve Olympians and now more for minor gods and goddesses) and eat in the dining pavilion. There is also an archery field, a sword fighting arena, a climbing wall, an amphitheater, stables, an armory, and the Big House.

Through this RP the characters will be able to interact in Camp Half-Blood like normal, but there will also be events. These events include camp activities, such as Capture the Flag, and quests. Quests will be bestowed upon a camper who will get to bring a couple companions. The quest could be to bring in a new demigod, kill a monster, or retrieve an object. We will allow suggestions for quests.

This RP allows for characters to be the child of any Greek god, or even be a type of creature. (Satyr, Centaur, etc.) Please reserve before signing up, and read all information completely.

RP Rules
  • Standard Roleplay Rules
  • You can use either 1st person or 3rd person
  • When going further than kissing, once shirts are off, timeskip or move to a pm. Don’t be descriptive with that stuff on the thread.
  • Unless it is something specific that characters have written, do not use “u”. Spell out the whole word “you”. The same applies for other words.
  • No lone ORPs on the official thread. Use the sign up thread for out of character chat.
  • You must ask us for approval of a god as a parent before you sign up. If you do not ask for approval first, your character will be rejected.
  • You can choose any Greek god/goddess or creature, but let us know ahead of time.
  • Don’t make your characters perfect! Give them flaws.
  • Make the characters unique!
  • Replies must be at least 4 sentences. Longer is better, but at least 4 is fine.

Cloning is allowed, but there is a max of 3 per character.
If your character is on a quest, cloning is not allowed, unless a very specific exception is given by me.

Example

If i clone one of my characters, Ajax, in his original conversation I would put his name like this.
Ajax
The clone would be labeled…
Ajax 2
If I had a 3rd, it would be…
Ajax 3
And this is the max you can have.

Here’s some links with helpful information for creating your characters.

For the abilities of the demigods, by parent: https://riordan.fandom.com/wiki/Demigod_Abilities
Basic information on demigods: https://riordan.fandom.com/wiki/Demigod

More helpful links

https://riordan.fandom.com/wiki/Monster
http://rickriordan.com/extra/meet-the-greek-gods/
https://riordan.fandom.com/wiki/Camp_Half-Blood
https://riordan.fandom.com/wiki/Campfire
https://riordan.fandom.com/wiki/Dining_Pavilion
https://riordan.fandom.com/wiki/Claiming
https://riordan.fandom.com/wiki/Capture_the_Flag

Faceclaims: Link

Availability List: Link This doc shows what gods/creatures already have characters/who owns the characters, and suggestions for gods/goddesses/creatures.

A bit more helpful information

Most campers wear orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirts and jeans or other casual/comfortable outfits. Some will wear leather armor in addition, especially while training, and most, if not all, will have their preferred weapon on them at all times.
All campers have a bracelet or necklace they wear, where the number of beads represent how long they have been at Camp Half-Blood. (Ex. Someone who has been at/been coming to camp for 2 years would have 2 beads.)
The new beads are given at the end of summer, designed after the most memorable event of the year.
Some campers are only at camp during summer, while others are there all year.
Everyone is assigned to a cabin based on who their parent is, except anyone who has not been claimed stays in the Hermes cabin.
Most demigods tend to die young, few live into their 20’s.
Monsters usually start to come after a demigod in their early teens. They have a scent that attracts monsters, the scent is stronger for children of the big three, and weaker for children of minor gods/goddesses.
Camp Half-Blood is located against the edge of the Long Island Sound.

A map of the camp is included on the cover of the Faceclaims.

This RP is starting at the beginning of summer. So the summer only campers would all be beginning to arrive for the summer, although for a few people, summer has not started so they have not arrived in camp yet.

This RP is made by both me and my real life friend @Gracers0113

Tags

@Art3Miss @LorethA @EchoRavencroft @Alyssa_Epi @fal.renet1398 @ThatRandomPerson @Kittenlove @Alexwrites @Zabica @jdepisode
@RainyDay @WritingAndRoses @AnimeOtome @Caticorn @CrazygirldY_dY_dY @bagellaudie @Bumblebree @Wengliujing @Emmaatsky @C_ssie

11 Likes
Camp Half-Blood RP - Sign Ups & Chat

Date: June 3
Time: 9:00am

Most of not all summer campers should be at camp already, or arriving now.

Breakfast is being served in the dining area now, so everyone should be awake/waking up, and heading to eat and start with training. It seems normal to everyone, but little do people know, there will be the first quest in a year. That quest will be the beginning of many more.

11 Likes

Kaylen Vincelle
I wake up and roll out of bed, putting on my Camp Half Blood t shirt, a pair of jeans and brushing my hair before putting on a snapback and putting in my hearing aids. I look around the cabin to see if anyone else up. “Charles, Emitt, get up.” I say, just for good measure. “Breakfast.”
@jdepisode @Kittenlove

Calyx Reyes
I wake up, shielding my eyes from the sun. “Oh well, rise and shine I guess.” I say, getting out of bed. I shower, get dressed, and style my hair, the latter taking way too long because I kept getting distracted by my gel tube. I make my existence known before exiting the cabin and walking towards the dining area.
Approachable

3 Likes

ALEX
I was sitting at the dinning area and waiting for Cedric to come. It probably took him almost an hour to finish his morning skincare routine. I tapped my finger on the wooden surface, sunddenly I heard footsteps. I turned around and saw a Hecate’s kid walking toward to dinning area.
@Caticorn
Approachable
CEDRIC
I checked myself in the mirror. As flawless as always. But I should get finished soon. Alex was probably waiting for me. Things didn’t get pink and happy when she was angry. I put on my Camp Half Blood T-shirt and a pair of black jeans. I looked around the cabin, they were just getting out of bed. I said to them:
" You guys should get ready. I will go to the dinning area first. Is it okay Jake?"
@Littlefeets @WritingAndRoses @Emmaatsky @LorethA
Approachable

2 Likes

Calyx
As I’m walking I see one of Nemesis’ daughters waiting in the dining area. Noticing that she was alone, I walk over and smile at her. “Hey, I’m Calyx, have I seen you before?” I ask her, unsure if I know her or not.
@Wengliujing

2 Likes

Jake Fairchild
I had gotten up and was getting ready as Cedric spoke to me. I looked over at him and nodded. “Yeah, you’re good. I’m heading there in just a minute anyway.” I turned away from him as I finished brushing my hair and straightening my Camp Half-Blood shirt.

@Wengliujing

Ajax Taylor
I had woken up and gotten ready early so I could get some training practice in before breakfast. With some leather armor on over my clothes, I was one of the first few people to walk in to eat breakfast.

ORP: Approachable

4 Likes

Andrea “Andy” Abelle
I woke up early so I had gotten ready and walked towards the dining area before time for breakfast. I had practiced for a little while before walking into the dining area. That’s the only reason I wasn’t there first. I went over to sit at the table for the Athena cabin and watched everyone else start coming in.

3 Likes

@Caticorn
ALEX
" Alex Hwang." - I said to Calyx. A weak smile showed up on my face. People avoided me a lot. Well, not this one. I usually stayed in my cabin or spent time
training so a lot of people didn’t know me. I smelled a scent of hair spray from Calyx. It was a pleasant scent. Maybe I should ask him the brand’s name so I could recommend it to Cedric. His hair spray always made me felt sufforcating. Who knew?
Then I started nocticing other people walking in. All of them seemed to have someone to sit with. Then I wondered to myself.
" Where the hell is Cedric?
Approachable

CEDRIC
I nodded at Jake then ran out of the cabin as fast as I could. Then, I bumped into someone.
" Are you okay?" - I asked him. Realizing he was Ajax, that kid from Zeus cabin.
Approachable
@Littlefeets

1 Like

Raven Price || Apollo’s Cabin

Raven had awoken at 4:00 AM from, yet another, nightmare. She didn’t want to disturb the others so she held her tears in, picked up the book off of her face and walked out of the room. She decided to find a bench nearing the grassy fields. She decided not to think too much of her nightmare and continued reading from where she left off. While reading her chapter book, she didn’t realize 2 hours had passed and returned to her cabin room. She placed her book on a shelf and climbed into her bed.

She woke up from people’s movement and got out of her bed. Raven found her T-shirt and black jeans and dove under her cover to change. As soon as she was done, she went to a bathroom to brush her teeth and hair. She rubbed her eyes and started walking towards the dining hall. When she reached, she sat in her designated cabin table, waiting for others to arrive.

Approachable

Asher Reeves || Hades’ Cabin

Asher was one of the first ones to wake up in the Hades cabin and decided to wake everyone up by screaming, ”WAKE UP, BITCHES!” He was amused by all the startled expressions and started laughing. He put on his shirt and a pair of ripped jeans. ‘Finally, a day which has a non-boring start.’ he thought while brushing his hair. He went to the bathroom, brushed his teeth and put on his watch. ’9:00 AM… couldn’t I have woken up later?’ Ash growled. He walked towards the dining hall and once he reached, he got himself a black coffee and sat in his designated spot.

Approachable

2 Likes

Ajax Taylor
Just as I was walking over to the table for the Zeus cabin a guy ran into me. I turned seeing Cedric, son of Aphrodite. I crossed my arms as I turned towards him. “Yeah I’m good. You?”

@Wengliujing

Jake Fairchild
Once Cedric ran out I quickly finished getting ready. I made sure I looked ready and walked to the dining area and sat down at the Aphrodite table. I noticed Cedric had run into Ajax, and I knew Ajax enough to know he probably wouldn’t be the happiest about that.

3 Likes

Calyx
"Hi Alex! I like your hair. It’s really cool. " I say to her, smiling back. I look around to see if anyone from my cabin has come in yet. “Which cabin’s table is this?” I ask her, curious, to figure out if it was anywhere near where mine is.
@Wengliujing

2 Likes

Fin
I headed to eat well that and to talk to Jake. I walked over to the table and messed up his hair from behind him. “Morning.” I say as I smile at him.
@Littlefeets

2 Likes

@Littlefeets
CEDRIC
" I’m truly sorry. It’s just that I’m in a rush. Sorry to bother you." - I smiled at him, ignored the anger inside. This kid, did he know that I was older than him? What kind of expression was that on his face? I didn’t even mention that my hair was ruined. I saw Jake glancing this way, but I didn’t even hope that he would come to help me. We bickered a lot. Suddenly, I saw Alex walking toward me and Ajax.

ALEX
" Nemesis. Excuse me but I have something to solve right now." - I stood up and walked past Calyx, noticed the shock on his face. I knew that doing something like this was rude, but I had to help Cedric. Why did he always get in trouble? Ajax? That kid was troublesome.
I showed up behind their backs, asked loudly: " What’s going on here?"
@Littlefeets @Caticorn

2 Likes

Jake Fairchild
I nearly completely flipped out as I felt someone mess up my hair. “Ahh!” I turned and saw it was Finn and that was the only reason I didn’t completely freak out. “Finn, you gotta stop doing that! You know how much I hate that.” I knew that was why it does it, but it doesn’t mean I don’t complain about it every time. I sighed as I fixed my hair a little bit. “Morning Finn.”

@fal.renet1398

2 Likes

Autumn || Hermes’s Cabin

I hadn’t slept last night. While all the other unclaimed Demigods slept I had climbed onto the roof of the cabin. I was TRYING to read this poem I had found in between the pages if this old book, it was only twelve lines but I was still having trouble. I looked up and realised it was past dawn. I looked down at my watch, one of few things I had took when I fled. 09:00. Fuck. I hopped down from the roof hopping no one noticed I was still wearing yesterday’s clothes. Yet another day to try and find out who my dad is. Great. I headed to breakfast and sat down on the Hermes’s Cabin table.

Approachable

2 Likes

Ajax Taylor
I turned as someone walked up to us. I recognized it as Alex, daughter of Nemesis. I looked at each of them with a serious look, that I often had. “He just ran into me.” I wasn’t the biggest fan of either of the two to begin with.

@Wengliujing

2 Likes

ALEX
" Did he say sorry to you?" - I asked Ajax while looking at Cedric. My expression relaxed a bit. I didn’t want any trouble for both of us. Ajax was Zeus’ son. I secretly hoped not to be turned into fried chickens along with Cedric by Zeus’ lightning bolt.
CEDRIC
I avoided Alex’s glance. At these kind of moments she always turned on Mama Bird mode. I didn’t know if Ajax was satisfied with my apology. But there was one thing for sure. If Ajax decided to give us a hard time, Alex would be sure to beat that kid’s ass, ignoring all the consequences. She was good with her dirty tricks. If that happened, I wasn’t sure who would win, but it surely would create chaos.
I managed to keep my smile on my face: " Yes. I’ve said sorry to him."
@Littlefeets

1 Like

Finn
I chuckle. “Hey I’m sorry you know I do it because it bothers you.” I say as I sit beside him. “It seems like we have quite a few new kids this year. Do you think you can handle them?” I ask as I smile at him.
@Littlefeets

2 Likes

Ajax Taylor
“Yeah he said sorry.” I kept my arms crossed, and my serious look on my face. I was a lot more like my dad than most people probably liked. I didn’t want a fight to break out or anything, but it wouldn’t stop me if they decided to go for it.

@Wengliujing

2 Likes

Belinda “Lindie” Blanchard

Lindie slowed down as soon as she got to the door of Aphrodite’s cabin. Taking a deep breath, she walked inside and noticed most of her half-siblings were already gone.
A smile appeared on her face, knowing the the shower would be all hers. No Cedric to kick me out. She thought.
Fifteen minutes later, she walked out of the cabin dressed in orange T-shirt of Camp Half-Blood and grey jeans and headed for the dining area. She was starving after the morning running and would do anything for something with high amount of sugar. She sat down next to Jake at Aphrodite’s table and grabbed the first sweet thing that could be eaten.
“Morning, Jake. How was your beauty sleep?”
Sudden escape of Nemesis’ daughter made Lindie look up from her plate and her eyes followed the girl to the group standing outside. The air around them was almost vibrating with increasing tension. Of course he was one of the troublemakers…
“I bet someone has messed up Cedric’s hair.” Again.

@Littlefeets - Jake

2 Likes