Can anyone help get my story out there?

Can I speak with a community admin?

2 Likes

I have the SAME exact problem… want us to help each other?

2 Likes

@mcsaylesjoc:
I follow you at instagram… :wink:
I will read your story, I also will share it, if you read one of mines…
Follow my profile on Episode and you find my stories… Profilename: AngelWings…
I am updating my first story at the moment so it’s better if you start to read ‘The door is open…’ and ‘The Search of…’

@JadeBeckson:
What is your story-name?? 'cause when you tell me… I can help you either… :wink:

Love A-W

1 Like

Tags are really critical for exposure when you’re a new writer. Make sure you’re using commonly searched tags and put them at the top of the tag list.

2 Likes

You know, if you send me screenshots of your characters, tell me how you want your ad to look like, and what background should I use, I’m happy to help!!

Moved to Promote Your Story. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

Hi— something like this?

What’s your story

Hi! My story is “the unEXpected show”! I do not have an insta @… I’ve been looking for some episode writer on the forum that has insta to help me promote it on ig too, but it didn’t work for now.
What are your stories? I’d like to read them!
What do you think I should do for promotion?

1 Like

The unEXpected story, yours?

Hey,

I am updating ‘Little Star’, my first story…
But you can read my story 'The door is open…’ and afterwards ‘The Search of Thomas f*ing White…’ :wink: You will find them at my profile AngelWings.

Love A-W

1 Like

Are they finished?

1 Like

Hey,

‘The door is open…’ is already finished.
‘The search of…’ is still going on…
And I am also writing a new story…

1 Like

I only have the one A Certain Love. I have been trying to do the same thing. I read your story!

1 Like

It’s called A Certain Love

Hi! I am trying to promote my story, A Certain Love. It’s limelight, and romance, and I would love some help getting my story out there. If anyone can, please help.

1 Like

Hi I am a first time publisher who started with 0 fallowers and 0 reads.
Now my first story has over 55000 reads so I can share you how I did it.
It will be maybe disapointing but it is in my opinion not really about promoting…it helps of cause but more important is that the story is really catchy for readers.
So first of all ask for feedback and be open to constructive critisizm. I am not scared of it so I was going for the really honest one. It was not easy to hear my story was confuzing or to quickly going but it helped me a lot to understand what readers want and it helped me to develop my writing stills.

Once you will be having really positive feedback on the story than is the time for promotion.
Do not think it will happen quickly, because it will not.
First of all if your story has less then 1000 reads the R4R is a good option, do as much as you can…but count with the fact that most of the people do not read it because they like it but because of barter and they will not go on reading more than agreen number of episodes. How ever you still can find some who will like the story and become your first fans who will read new episodes.
I was not doing this because of lack of time but also making friends on forum is good be helpfull and active and your frends will most likely read your story.

Instagram - on insta youse hstags for as many episode related groups you can find so it will be visible on more places. If you do not know the hastags simpy go on insta of some famouse writers and look what hastags thay use.

Go for support groups on insta - there are some who help small aouthors, make you free shout out or they publish review on insta so their fallowers might notice you.
Look up people on insta who make reviews - this is tought one, I actually havent found the one who would do it but they are there…basicly anybody who has some fallowers and publishes something about your story might bring you new reades.
Poste on your insta pictures or videos from your story make your insta is alive.

Remember most of your reader once the story will be noticed will be just regular readers of the app, not all fallow your insta nor go to forums, and the only way how to get this readers it to get the story high enough in ranks.
Also if your story is really good episode might notice you and put your story on shelf (haven’t happend to me) - this you cant influence, but is definitly great promotion if it happens.
To make it clear the gains will be slow if you do not have fan base as me on the begining it will rise slowly.
Also what helps (but you cant aply it on alredy published story) is to take part in episode contest - people are more willing to read the new stories if they are contest entry so it can be great boost for the start even if you do not win.
I started like that and I got over I think 1000 reads in the evaluation month of the contest.
But again I have to repeat what I wrote on the begining - the most important is to have really good story. If the story is not good no promotion of the world can help it. So being sure what you got is worth reading is esential.

Regarding the story itself - publishing regulary is important to keep the readers…after a month or longer they first of all forget what happend in last chapter and alo thay might lose the interest and delete the story from their favorites.
I am publisih in 10-14 days period. It is exhausting but once you have at last some small base you will see how your reader rank will always jump higher pof short time sfter you publish new chapter because they will go for it…and the higher you are the more likely your story will be noticed by new readers.

2 Likes

I have been trying to do the Instagram and read for reads. Isn’t working. Only so much I can do. I have a disability, and doing all of the writing and directing is tiring as is.

well and did you asked for feedback / review on your story?

I still recommend taking feedback and advice. If your readers see something that maybe you could do better, I would definitely be open and listen to the feedback to make your story pull in more readers right from the beginning.

1 Like