Can anyone help? I have a quick question

I have this story I have been working on for quite some time and i cant seem to get it right. I have already written the story but i am converting it into a episode story. but anyway I would like to know… Should I start the episode like this?

@zoom on 122 283 to 158% in 0

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - NIGHT with effect HARD RAIN
set format cinematic

@LUCILLE changes into LUCILLE_masquerade

@LUCILLE spot 0.649 142 313 in zone 1 at layer 3 AND LUCILLE is run_cry_embarrassed_loop AND LUCILLE faces right

@speechbubble is 158 266 to 73%
NARRATOR (LUCILLE)
I bet your wondering how this came to be. Why I am running in the rain getting soaking wet.
How MY birthday was going so good, then went south.
@transition fade out .1

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY - NIGHT with effect HARD RAIN
&zoom reset
&cut to zone 2
&LUCILLE spot 0.649 142 313 in zone 2 at layer 3 AND LUCILLE is run_cry_embarrassed_loop AND LUCILLE faces right
@transition fade in .5

&LUCILLE walks to spot 0.649 98 280 in zone 3 in 5 AND LUCILLE is run_cry_embarrassed_loop
@pan to zone 3 in 5
@LUCILLE is cry_sob_sad_loop
&zoom on 0 0 to 119% in .1
sound car_suddenstop
&overlay EXT. LUXURY CAR AQUA PROFILE FLIPPED - NIGHT create
&overlay EXT. LUXURY CAR AQUA PROFILE FLIPPED - NIGHT shifts to 47 88 in zone 1 in .1
&overlay EXT. LUXURY CAR AQUA PROFILE FLIPPED - NIGHT scales to 0.911 0.911 in .1
&overlay EXT. LUXURY CAR AQUA PROFILE FLIPPED - NIGHT moves to layer 2
&overlay EXT. LUXURY CAR AQUA PROFILE FLIPPED - NIGHT opacity 1
&LUCILLE is react_shocked_gasp AND LUCILLE faces left
@DALLAS spot 0.721 150 265 in zone 3 at layer 4 AND DALLAS faces left AND DALLAS is shove_argument_give_angry AND LUCILLE is fall
@speechbubble is 120 233 to 67% with tail_bottom_left
LUCILLE
(What happened?)
@transition fade out 1.5

or should I start it like that then build up to that in the next few episodes because i dont want her party like right away. I like want it in like the next 2-3 episodes following that. but i don’t know how i should go about it. Can anyone help?

However you want! It’s your story :smile: you can throw your readers right into the story. You can choose to not explain what is happening for a few minutes. You can give an introduction of the characters before you start, or you can narrate what’s happening as you go. Whatever you decide!

Well thats the thing…I want people to read it and them not say she doesnt know what shes doing. yea…I kinda lack in the directional aspect but story wise im starting to get back into it. I had a writing partner to help me out, then i had a few other people to help me out ik people have lives and all but they pretty much left me high and dry.

Well here’s the thing. no matter WHAT you do people are always going to say you don’t know what you’re doing. people are always going to complain. keyboard warriors goal is to sit there and drag people down. someone out there is Always going to pick on you and that is the sad truth. I would get your story written out, a super messy rough draft in the portal and then work from there. you might write for a week and then preview the beginning and tweak it from there! My biggest piece of advice is don’t listen to what any hater might say because they don’t have your best interest in mind. I would lay out your story first, get a lot out there and leave notes in your script so you can come back and tweak what you don’t like later.

1 Like

Ik…but i have the story written out its just getting it into episode form is kinda a pain in the butt

It can be yes :laughing: thinking up the plot is easy, directing is where it gets messy. I see you’ve done a lot of directing commands at the beginning, how much of the rest of the chapter has been written?

I have the first episode but I really dont like how it turned out. My closet scene doesnt look rite alot of stuff i did in my first episode doesnt look rite. My thing is…give a small glimpse of my main MC running down the street crying. Then slowly in each chapter explain then when i do the party episode have it all come together…Does that make sense?
this is my first episode…I will send it to u in a message

It not letting me put it all in a message.

My advice would be to do more writing than directing for now! When there is a bunch of code it looks like you have a complete full episode when it’s not really the case. I personally do a bunch of writing. and add notes like “do this later, spot direct,” writing notes to give credit for BG etc and just write. It’s a lot easier to put it all out and then direct later

So pretty much just write out the episode and do directing later? Is there anyway you could help me fix my closet scene?

INT. WALKINCLOSET - DAY with LEFT_ARROW with RIGHT_ARROW with CHOOSE

@zoom on 160 284 to 100% in 0
@pause for 4

@LUCILLE changes into LUCILLE_towel
@LUCILLE changes hair into Full Pigtail
@LUCILLE enters from left to screen left
@follow LUCILLE to screen center in zone 2
@LUCILLE walks to spot 0.977 123 133 in zone 2
@LUCILLE moves to layer 3
@LUCILLE faces right
&overlay 5161456723230720_CHOOSE shifts to 184 356 in zone 2
&overlay 5161456723230720_CHOOSE scales to 0.317 0.317 in zone 2
&overlay 5161456723230720_RIGHT_ARROW shifts to 218 18 in zone 2
&overlay 5161456723230720_RIGHT_ARROW scales to 1.291 1.291 in zone 2
&overlay 5161456723230720_LEFT_ARROW shifts to -14 9 in zone 2
&overlay 5161456723230720_LEFT_ARROW scales to 1.328 1.328 in zone 2

My arrows will not stay in zone 2

they’re not staying in zone 2 as in they’re moving to another zone?

and yes. definitely get your ideas out, write more than you direct, do the directing later. always note down ideas in the portal if that is what works for you. some people always direct as they go but I find it easier to direct later so I don’t lose my thoughts

yeah they move to zone 1 when she enters. Like they dont stay put in zone 2. For when she enters she goes to zone 2 then the arrows go there. But as she enters the arrows and all are at her feet.

@Winteronepisode would you have a better idea on how to fix their issue?

1 Like

hopefully winter can help :see_no_evil:

I cant get it to stay for the life of me.i tried doin the & and the @ for it and it doesnt stay

I’m not too good with overlays but I think Winter is :slight_smile:

Try this in place of your current coding:

INT. WALKINCLOSET - DAY with LEFT_ARROW to 1 3 160 in zone 2 with RIGHT_ARROW to 1 242 160 in zone 2 with CHOOSE to .442 72 171 in zone 2
&overlay LEFT_ARROW opacity 0 and overlay RIGHT_ARROW opacity 0 and overlay CHOOSE opacity 0
&zoom on 160 284 to 100% in 0
@pause for 4

@LUCILLE enters from left to screen left
&pan to zone 2 in 2.5
@LUCILLE walks to spot 0.977 167 140 in zone 2 in 2.5 and LUCILLE moves to layer 3 and LUCILLE faces right then overlay LEFT_ARROW opacity 1 in .5 and overlay RIGHT_ARROW opacity 1 in .5 and overlay CHOOSE opacity 1 in .5

Thank you for the mention love :heart:

1 Like

Thank u! I will try tht n i will let u knw

1 Like