Can anyone help me?

Hey there! So, I’m having a little bit of a problem with spot directing. I borrowed a script template from someone but I’m trying to make my character walk through without any of the character overlapping. I’ve tried placing them on different layers but one character just seems to stay on the same layer. I’ll send my script. Thanks to anyone who can help!
INT. BLUE SCHOOL HALLWAY - DAY
@pause for 2
&VINCE spot 0.896 107 141 in zone 3 AND VINCE faces left AND VINCE moves to layer 2
&CONNOR spot 0.750 206 212 in zone 3 AND CONNOR faces left AND CONNOR moves to layer -2 AND CONNOR is text_phone_neutral_loop
&NOAH spot 1.280 129 -175 in zone 1 AND NOAH faces right AND NOAH moves to layer 1 AND NOAH is shiftweight
&POLICE OFFICER spot 0.688 239 233 in zone 2 AND POLICE OFFICER faces right AND POLICE OFFICER moves to layer -2 AND POLICE OFFICER is tinker_loop_rear
&MATTHEW spot 1.280 171 -186 in zone 3 AND MATTHEW faces right AND MATTHEW moves to layer 2
&RIELLE spot 0.963 74 96 in zone 2 AND RIELLE faces right AND RIELLE moves to layer 0 AND RIELLE is think
&SNEHA spot 1.280 274 -180 in zone 3 AND SNEHA faces left AND SNEHA moves to layer 2 AND SNEHA is shiftweight
&TAIGA spot 0.683 113 227 in zone 1 AND TAIGA faces right AND TAIGA moves to layer -2 AND TAIGA is talk_handsonhips
&SELINA spot 1.280 237 -180 in zone 1 AND SELINA faces left AND SELINA moves to layer 2 AND SELINA is talk_arms_crossed_loop
&OLIVIA spot 0.963 384 96 in zone 2 AND OLIVIA faces left AND OLIVIA moves to layer 0
&LUNA spot 0.683 43 227 in zone 1 AND LUNA faces right AND LUNA moves to layer -1 AND LUNA is laugh_guffaw
&LOLA spot 0.896 46 130 in zone 3 AND LOLA faces right AND LOLA moves to layer 1
&DASHA spot 0.683 154 233 in zone 2 AND DASHA faces right AND DASHA moves to layer -1 AND DASHA is shiftweight
@YOU enters from left to spot 0.995 147 143 THEN YOU is think AND YOU moves to layer 0
@pause for 2
&LUNA is laugh_guffaw AND pause for 1 THEN LUNA is laugh_giggle AND pause for 2 THEN LUNA is nod_loop
&pause for 1 THEN TAIGA is talk_think AND pause for 1 THEN TAIGA is talk_excited
&pause for 1 THEN SNEHA is shiftweight
&pause for 4 THEN NOAH is talk_gesture AND pause for 2 THEN NOAH is talk_happy_smile
&pause for 3 THEN OLIVIA walks to spot 0.963 164 90 in zone 2 in 3 THEN OLIVIA is kiss_cheek_receive
&pause for 3 THEN RIELLE is think AND pause for 1 THEN RIELLE is talk_greet AND pause for 2 THEN RIELLE is kiss_cheek_give
&pause for 4 THEN POLICE OFFICER faces left AND POLICE OFFICER is talk_happy_smile AND pause for 2 THEN POLICE OFFICER is talk_handsonhips AND pause for 2 THEN POLICE OFFICER is talk_happy_smile
&pause for 5 THEN DASHA is listen AND pause for 2 THEN DASHA is write_notepad AND pause for 2 THEN DASHA is nod_loop
&pause for 9 THEN VINCE is talk_flirt AND pause for 2 THEN VINCE is blush AND pause for 2 AND VINCE is talk_happy_smile AND pause for 2 THEN VINCE is talk_shrug
&pause for 8 THEN LOLA is flirt_shy AND pause for 2 THEN LOLA is talk_flirt AND pause for 2 AND LOLA is laugh_giggle AND pause for 2 THEN LOLA is laugh_chuckle
&pause for 8 THEN MATTHEW is talk_excited AND pause for 2 AND MATTHEW is layer 2 THEN pause for 2 THEN MATTHEW is laugh_guffaw
&pause for 10 THEN SNEHA is laugh_guffaw AND pause for 2 THEN SNEHA is talk_preen
@MATTHEW is laugh_chuckle
@pan to zone 3 in 13 AND YOU walks to screen center in zone 3
@YOU is yawn_bored

Which character tends to stay on the same layer??

Matthew

You have this as part of your code:

&pause for 8 THEN MATTHEW is talk_excited AND pause for 2 AND MATTHEW is layer 2 THEN pause for 2 THEN MATTHEW is laugh_guffaw

Here’s how it should read:

&pause for 8 THEN MATTHEW is talk_excited AND pause for 2 AND MATTHEW moves to layer 2 THEN pause for 2 THEN MATTHEW is laugh_guffaw

Ah ok, thanks so much!

And just for future advice: if you’re just spotting a character, you don’t have to write:
@CHAR spot S X Y in Z AND CHAR moves to layer #

You can right in the layer with the spot:

@CHAR spot S X Y in Z at layer #