Can anyone help with math homework

The question is: in your own words describe how you know a set of ratios/table of data is proportional .

2 Likes

Can you send a picture of the table :thinking:? What subject is this? By that I mean, Algebra, Geometry, Algebra 2, higher, lower, etc?

There is no picture that’s literally just the question LOL, and idk I’m in 7th grade so for me it’s just math

1 Like

So proportions and ratios can be by volume, by mass, etc. When trying to find proportions, you need to see a clear correlation between the two sets of data. So all numbers, with one set being divided by the other, should produce the same number. So, a 1:2 ratio would be a data set like this:

x y
10 20
20 40
30 60

each set of data increases by the same amount each time, making them linear, and they produce the same fraction of 1/2 or the same whole number of 2 when divided by eachother

3 Likes

idk how much sense this makes. my brain is still in calc 3 mode so forgive me if i’m acting brain dead

2 Likes

Tysm

1 Like

Calc 3?!

1 Like

lol yea. i’m so bad at it

1 Like

A data ratio is something that looks like this: 1:2 a table looks like this: 1 2
2 4
4. 8
And so on…

I HATED this stuff when I learned it a while back :expressionless:

The Forums messed up my beautiful table :sob:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.