The error says “Unexpected STRING:Use profile avatar

image0 (2)

Can you copy and paste you script here?

INT. BLACK - NIGHT
music off
NARRATOR
Welcome.

NARRATOR
This story will only have 3 episodes out.

NARRATOR
I've revamped the story.

NARRATOR
So, it's a completely new storyline.

@MADI changes hair into Beach Wave Hair
@MADI changes into MADI_new
@MADI enters from left to screen center
@zoom on MADI to 195% in 0

@MADI is shiftweight

NARRATOR
This is Madi.

NARRATOR
She's the main character.

NARRATOR
|bold, color:black,shake| THERE WILL BE CC!!

@MADI is talk_greet

@MADI exits right

NARRATOR
Happy customization!

choice
“customise character”{
@MADI goes to character avatar

goto changing_appearance

}
“Use proflie avatar”{

@MADI becomes female proflie
goto changing_appearence
}
“I look perfect!”}
@MADI is kiss_blow
@MADI exits right AND MADI is run_athletic_offset

NARRATOR
Enjoy!

Delete the spaces from the previous choices, so that it looks like this:

1 Like

Ok thank you

Wait…

It should be
}”I look perfect”{

}

1 Like

Ok that original error is fixed. But now it’s saying all of my labels are wrong

Does it say “duplicate labels”?

no it says "the label changing_appearance " does not exist. It also says “@MADI becomes female profile” is not a valid directing command.

do you have the label “changing_appearance” in that chapter?

For the customization part I do but not for the actual story.

Huh? sorry I don’t get it. do you mean you have that label in only one chapter of your story?

yes only in chapter one.

From what I can see it doesn’t look like you made a label for changing_appearance as it looks like you already start your story after these choices. I would create the labels after the choices and also create a label for when the story starts so that when they’re done customizing you can do a goto storybegins.

You may have to copy and paste the whole thing so we can better assist you because the errors you’re having aren’t showing in that screen shot nor in what you pasted. :upside_down_face: especially since it’s saying that label doesn’t exist I don’t see where the label is created so I can’t see what’s going on.

Can I send u the errors later?

1 Like

Sure!

Hi! Please help me find my error:

NAME
Errrrmm....
(Great. Time to set a good impression)
@NAME is think_rubchin
My name is [NAME] and I...

When i have typed [NAME] it comes up with the expected character or scene change?

Hello,
That’s because when you placed the code for the character to think it separated the dialogue so you’ll just need to add NAME above the dialogue like:
NAME
My name is [NAME] and I…

In total it would look like this:

NAME
Errrrmm....
(Great. Time to set a good impression)

&NAME is think_rubchin
NAME
My name is [NAME] and I…

1 Like

sorry! What I meant was to send your whole script because the screenshot and what you pasted doesn’t show the whole thing. There’s two possible reasons why you have the error “the label “change appearance” doesn’t exist.” Either it isn’t created and therefore that’s why you have this error or it is created but inside a choice thing which it then won’t work. But I can’t see your whole script to see what the issue is. From what I see so far, it doesn’t appear that you have created a label for it though that’s why I would like to see your whole script regarding this choice thing so I can help find the problem :slightly_smiling_face:

As for the part where you have an error about the female profile, it’s only because profile is spelled incorrectly. You have “proflie” , it should be profile.