Can anyone teach me how to make custom poses?

Hi I wanted to know if anyone knows how to make custom poses or know where I can learn how to make my own because I haven’t found much tutorials for them and I still have trouble with making them.

3 Likes

If you want I could show you how to make custom poses. What device are you planning to use/are you using?

2 Likes

Hi Thank you so much I use my iPad and iPhone for it.

Moved to Art Resources since this is art-related. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Well, in this case I could give you the technique I use and some tips, but unfortunately nothing about the program specific features, since I’m not a apple user at all.

1 Like

Ok thank you I am very grateful that your willing to help and I appreciate your support :slightly_smiling_face: Anything helps :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ll explain how to do custom poses to you once my classes are over today (in about 3hrs)

1 Like

Ok Thank you so much! :slightly_smiling_face: Do you have an Instagram so that I can credit and mention you in my story credits? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I do (@v.h_stories/ @v.h_arts) but no need for credit or such

1 Like

Ok Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So, for good quality, I use a tablet to take screenshots of the characters. The code I use to place the characters is:
INT. WHITE
@CHARACTER 1 spot 2.288 159 -441 in zone 1 AND CHARACTER 1 faces right

@pause for 0
label Cover_Art
@pause for 0
@CHARACTER 1 is idle

@pause for 2
goto Cover_Art
@pause for 0

(Depending on if I need a looped animation or not I put a # before the label and the goto command)

The loop with the label makes it easier if you want to capture a specific moment of the movement without having to restart the story.

To capture the right part of the character I move them individually using the spot direction helper on the app.

Depending on what pose I want to create I take screenshots of the parts I need.

Example

These were the screenshots I took

for this custom pose:

After importing my images into the program I change their size (depending on the character size compared to others) to something between 3000px and 3700px. The canvas I’m creating the custom pose at will have between 5000px to 7000px (I don’t know if this works on a device smaller than a computer.) But after the custom pose is done I’ll reduce the size to 4000px (the largest number).

When creating the pose, I know that some websites remove the background of images for you, but I’m not familiar with any of those I use the selection tool (free select) and do it all by myself instead.
I only cut out the parts I need. For example, I have the full character displayed, but I only need the arm I only cut the arm out.

Example

Sometimes I also split a cut part to change it too (Like in the example, the left girl’s legs, I separated the upper and lower part of the leg and adjusted to orientation).

After the pose is done, I add some effects (sometimes in the program I use for the custom pose itself, or sometimes a different one).
I didn’t do it for this one but here’re a few with some final touches if you’d like:

Also, depending on if you want to use customized clothing, it’s better to take screenshots of the characters not wearing anything so you can add the clothes afterward easier.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions!

1 Like

Ok Thank you so much for to help! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like