Can I ask y'all a personal question?

How the hell do you healthily grieve over the death/loss of a pet?

I cried.

But how do you stop? When does it stop?

After a couple weeks. Why? Did your pet die? Mine died a year ago. He got hit by a car. RIP Charlie :frowning:

I don’t know. My cat has been missing for over two weeks now. She’s super tiny and we live next to an area full of coyotes. Her sister is still home with me. I just can’t stop, ya know? I don’t know when to stop looking or if she’s even alive

And I am so sorry to hear about your pet, hun. I really am

Aww, it’s okay. My other dog went missing a couple months ago and we haven’t found him since. My friend says she keeps seeing him at her house (which is not far away from mine) but my parents say he doesn’t. We live in a small countryside where everyone knows eachother (mainly) and there is another dog that goes around to other houses (including ours) so it could be just him. He was a stray, so my brother said that strays are too ashamed to let their owners see them die (because they looked after them and cared for them so much) so they run away and hide in a closeted place to die. So was your cat a stray?

The really white one is the missing cat. The colorful one is her sister

No, a rescue animal actually. She was in an abusive home

Was she acting any strangely lately?

No. We went on a three day vacation and normally when we get home she isn’t there until a few hours later. But it’s been 14 days

I understand what it feels like to lose someone you cared about-the pain is unbearable!
Give it a few days, though.
It’s natural to be upset for a few days; it’s a reaction to something bad that happens to us.
Please know, we are here for you if you ever need to talk.

In the meantime, you could try to occupy yourself doing things you love.

I hope you find your cat-and even if you don’t, please don’t spiral into a depression.

I remember when I lost something really dear to me-I was so depressed for a week, but eventually the pain and upsetting feelings faded. I’ve also seen my parents lose things that were special to them, but hey, it happens-when it does, it sucks : (

But, never stay depressed!

It will get better and it’s OK to grieve-just not for too long.

Getting over a loss of a pet (or someone beloved in general) is a very complex process and not easy at all. I suggest that you don’t forget your pet, but you should relive the good and awesome and loved memories you made with your pet. A pet is like a best friend! And should be treated and remembered like one!
You may feel guilty for the death of your pet, “What if I had done this? What if I had done that?” But, death is a natural process. You can’t stop it no matter what!
And then comes sadness for the loss of your beloved pet, regret that you could’ve somehow saved your pet, anger that life is unfair, anxiety that life is a b***h and would never be better anymore…and most of all, pain.
I think it should be better to find a distraction. And its NOT in the form of self-harm, substance abuse, violence etc! (I don’t think your pet would like that very much…) Take out time with your friends. Join a reading/sports/charity club. Make a hobby. Hell, even write a new story on Episode! :yellow_heart:
I know that it may be very hard to tolerate the pain, but its just another obstacle that life throws on your way. You need to push your way up, or else life would keep pushing you down!
If you’d like to further talk to me about it, you’re free to PM me anytime! :two_hearts:

Idk because thank fully I haven’t experienced this yet. But if you live in Rolla Mo I can keep a look out…

1. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

2. I think it does stop after little bit, you just have to accept its gone and move on. My cat died 2 years ago, it was pretty sad. But it’ll be ok. You just have to accept it.

I’m so sorry for your loss. :broken_heart: I lost my beloved guinea pig last year. She passed as I was petting her and crying out my goodbyes. When I say I was a wreck for a good 6 months afterwards, I mean it. I really was an absolute mess. My OCD spiraled out of control, my depression worsened, and I became really anti-social. It was a horrible time.
What I would say is to allow yourself to grieve. Let yourself cry, scream, wallow. Talk it out with your family or friends. Write how you feel in a notebook. Try not to suppress anything, because that often times just makes it worse, but also try not to let it consume you like it did me.
Basically, just give yourself time. There’s no “getting over” a death. You just learn to accept it, and then you move on. I know that sounds a little cold and borderline impossible, but it’s true. I can now look back at my guinea pig with a smile on my face, whereas before I could barely think about her without crying. I can talk about my dog (she passed away 2 years ago) without feeling like I’m going to collapse.
Grieving is a process. Healing takes time. Just be kind to yourself as you get through this.
Also, I don’t know where you live, but where I am, there are animal shelters that offer grieving classes for people who have lost their pets. Unfortunately, I didn’t take the opportunity to attend one, but I kind of wish I would’ve. If I were you, I’d maybe look into doing something like that if you feel like it would help.
Take care. :revolving_hearts:

Thank you all :heart:

just cry it all out, you can never fully not be upset about it, but eventually you won’t cry out of nowhere