Can I copyright strike others for posting my story on a youtube channel?

Can I copyright strike others for posting my story on a youtube channel? I’ve seen other author’s do this, and I’m posting my very own story soon and I’m afraid people will record and post it on platforms like youtube or other video websites. I’ve talked to a few authors and people posting an entire episode of your story somewhere robs them for reads, and so I was wondering if I can copyright strike them to take the video down if that ever happens?

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is related to Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to ask me if there are any questions. :wink:

Also, in regards to people posting your story on youtube, I’m fairly certain there’s some kind of action you can take against them, but I’ll look into that and get back to you with the specifics. :smiley:

thank you!

1 Like

I’m going to make a splash that says you may not copy or share my story any were.

1 Like

There is nothing the company who owns Episode can do itself, but if you find your video on YouTube, you can definitely file a copyright infringement notification form and they should be able to help you. :smile:

3 Likes

I’ve filed several copyright complaints and I usually get an email to confirm that the video’s been taken down 1-2 days after I submit the complaint.